Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Photoshoot with my Ferrari's

Catchy title no?

Playing around with my new lightstand I picked up on saturday.

I LOVE LAMP.....errrr LIGHT!

so many possibilities with so many things. I can see myself ending up with another lightstand very quickly.

Anyway on to my ferrari's.

Geek info.

1 sb600 on manual above the subject mounted in a manfrotto lightstand @ 1/64, shot through a grid in a homemade snoot.

nikon D90 w/ 50mm f1.8 shot at f2.8 and 1/200. Triggered via CLS.

Setup info.

Threw down a piece of black construction paper on the floor, put the shoes on it. Put the lightstand to camera right and had the flash above the shoes. Used a black blanket right behind the shoes so you dont see the rest of my messy living room. Total setup time = 5minutes.
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Re: Night Photoshoot with my Ferrari's

ballin'

Comment

Nice photo. Did you learn how to take good picture just by practicing or did you read about it somewhere?

Got a D40 for christmas but still need to learn to take better pictures NOT on the auto settings, lol.

Comment

both.
        you can do all the reading in the world but unless you practice you'll never actually put what you are reading into something tangible.
        same goes for reading though, you can do lots of practice but if you dont read you dont get to see what else is out there and get new ideas.

i would strongly suggest a book by brian peterson called "understanding exposure".
        he walks you through what it takes to create a picture; ISO, aperture, shutter speed
        each of which your camera has a selection priority spot on the dial for. "A, S, M, P"

Once you understand what each of them does and how it effects your pictures you take you can begin to practice different things with your camera.

i recently stumbled across strobist.com a site solely about off camera flashes. and dammit....i am hooked. TONS of tutorials, even boot camps, for how to learn off camera flashes. http://strobist.blogspot.com/

I've also recently stumbled onto a guys website who is doing a 365 project on lighting, 1 picture a day for a year. along with posting the picture and a quick write up, dustian diaz also posts a setup shot so you can see exactly what he did. you kinda pinch ideas and put them into your own things.
        http://photography.dustindiaz.com/
        and his flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/polvero/
        Team Highschool
        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
        X