Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golf?

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
    whichever route you go i suggest buying out of the US. i have bought pretty much everything off of shops on ebay brand new and they are most of the time about 50% of what they are going for retail here.

Golf stuff is just so cheap in texas, florida and arizona and there are soooooo many online retailers you can buy from.

i just went and demo'd clubs here, figured out what i wanted and ordered brand new online
    My pops works in sporting goods retail so I usually pay their cost or its free, but I did jst buy a forged yes! callie putter off ebay for 122...its like a 300 dollar putter so that was a pretty good buy

Im currently using;

Driver:Ping G10 10.5 regular flex (changing shaft out this year to stiff)
    Fairway woods: Ping G10 3 & 5
    Irons: TM ti360's (for now..)
    Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56,60 - NIke SV tour
    Putter - Odessy 2Ball, Nike Ignite, yes! callie-f (haha..only the callie iwll be in my bag for the rest of the season I think, i bought the 2ball and the ignite last year cause my putting game was terrible)
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

If you want a hybrid I have a ben hogan 4 that i hate you can try it out and if you like it you can buy it maybe? I would also try the AP2's most people who have the AP1's immediately switch to the AP2's hahaha, but yea the Pings are sweet thats for damn sure, try to find a deal tho because your looking at $1159.99 at Golftown
      MIKE
      '03 GTi VR6

Comment

Originally posted by mDmVR6 View Post
        If you want a hybrid I have a ben hogan 4 that i hate you can try it out and if you like it you can buy it maybe? I would also try the AP2's most people who have the AP1's immediately switch to the AP2's hahaha, but yea the Pings are sweet thats for damn sure, try to find a deal tho because your looking at $1159.99 at Golftown
        Ended up getting fitted and putting my order in yesterday. I took your advice and spent a good 15 minutes muckin' about with the AP2's..fantastic club but I was still hitting the S57 cleaner. my only concern with the pings is that they have DG shafts compared to the AP2's whch offered the Proj x 5.5's.

Anyways, ended up with a G10 hybrid 3 (21 degree) and 4-PW in the Ping S57's..Yellow dot with yellow full-cord grips and the R300 shaft. Picked up a 52 degree Vokey for good measure as well
        -james

Comment

yeah the AP2's dp have a sick shaft in them, but the s57's are still a better buy in my opinion anyways!!! I hope you enjoy them and nice choice on the grips!
          MIKE
          '03 GTi VR6

Comment

Looks like I joined the party to late.

Good choice on the pings, I've tried out all the clubs in for first post and I went with ping s58's (the 57's predecessor) and just love them.

Most guys above a 10 handicap don't play 57's but like Mike said, for a 'blade' iron they are way more forgiving than most (re: MP's). They will force you to play better too, as they give you way more response on your misses that a honking x20 or the like.

If you end up wanting ProjectX's after all, I have a set of 6.0's I'm looking to sell. 6.0 is considered stiff though, so they would produce a lower ball flight that your R300's.

Good luck with the clubs and enjoy the season.

Edit: Oh and for the record: I'm a "dirty, soul-less south paw"
            Last edited by RedMile04; 06-05-2009, 01:36 AM.
            When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RedMile04 View Post
              Edit: Oh and for the record: I'm a "dirty, soul-less south paw"

hahahah

Yeah i read alot of good about the S58's however from what Ive heard the S57's are significantly more forgiving, wwhich is what i need!

Just picked up that Yes! Callie-f I was talking about today. Wow, what a putter. Gorgeous, and tour-caliber heavy!
              -james

Comment

Originally posted by RedMile04 View Post
                If you end up wanting ProjectX's after all, I have a set of 6.0's I'm looking to sell. 6.0 is considered stiff though, so they would produce a lower ball flight that your R300's.
                Ended up getting the S300's it turns out; free upgrade on the s57s so...may as well. My understanding is the only difference is that it doesnt have Ping's AWT in the shaft (which i was skeptical around anywyas)
                -james

Comment

Working...
                X