Rebel T1i or Nikon D90?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rebel T1i or Nikon D90?

while the nikon's can do it, i dont suggest touching up photos in the menu on the small LCD.
    there are plenty of codes for lightroom which you can download for free via trial and then just input the serial code for instant access
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

what do you guys use for image managing and editing?
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

iphoto for management..
        starting to use aperature

and use photoshop CS3 for major editing

and photomatix pro for HDR creations when i feel fancy

i love my canon to death i just need mo better lenses.. car mods or cam mods lol.. car wins right now

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          iphoto for management..
          starting to use aperature

and use photoshop CS3 for major editing

and photomatix pro for HDR creations when i feel fancy

i love my canon to death i just need mo better lenses.. car mods or cam mods lol.. car wins right now
          The 18-200mm lens is a nice option.

Comment

yea thats the one i'm after rob.. i want the auto focus which makes it $$ but i think its only 500 bucks.. the manual focus is cheap but i don't have that much time to fiddle

Comment

It was worth the extra for the initial purchase, keeps it simple for traveling having a decent all around lens. The Auto focus on the Canon is noticeably faster than the Nikon. I'm sure I'll have it at Starbucks next week.

Comment

i use the full CS4 suite now. Was using lightroom for a bit but after using CS3 I was hooked.

Use Bridge for all of my organization and cataloguing, and then Adobe Camera RAW for initial post, and Photoshop itself for any detailed post processing.

Using Photomatix Pro for HDR, though you can do the same in CS3, it's just easier in Photomatix.

I've actually got a pretty good workflow down now with CS4. Its smooth and with the new computer is extremely quick
                Team Highschool

Comment

It's like when you get into this stuff, you quickly learn how how much you don't know. taking the picture is only half the operation.
                  Last edited by RobG; 05-22-2009, 04:43 PM. Reason: My spelling sucks

Comment

yea.. us admins will whip up a new forum soon www.europhotogs.ca LOL

Comment

lol I don't think I need any more expensive hobbies, thus resisting the DSLR bug
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                        i use the full CS4 suite now. Was using lightroom for a bit but after using CS3 I was hooked.

Use Bridge for all of my organization and cataloguing, and then Adobe Camera RAW for initial post, and Photoshop itself for any detailed post processing.

Using Photomatix Pro for HDR, though you can do the same in CS3, it's just easier in Photomatix.

I've actually got a pretty good workflow down now with CS4. Its smooth and with the new computer is extremely quick
                        Trying out CS3. I think it will work just fine. I kinda like Bridge.
                        I just picked up a Nikkor AF-S 35mm F/1.8 lens too, and have a Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm F/2.8 on loan that I'm playing with. Turns out 2200$ lenses take good pics... heh. Fun camera times!

We need an "official" camara thread on here...
                        Stefan
                        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

hahaha didn't take you long to get the 1.8 eh hahaha.
                          Team Highschool

Comment

hahaha didn't take you long to get the 1.8 eh hahaha.
                            After playing with your 1.8, Its next on my lens list.

Comment

your 35mm is a 1.8 according to your post 2 up. Just set your camera to "A" and crank the front wheel until it reads 1.8
                              Team Highschool

Comment

your 35mm is a 1.8 according to your post 2 up. Just set your camera to "A" and crank the front wheel until it reads 1.8
                                I think you've responded to 2 people as if they were one... or I'm confused..

My 1.8 lens works fine.
                                Stefan
                                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                                X