Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I Dub-able?

Originally posted by Euro Dub PL View Post
    Yeah dont let any of them get to ya, their just jealous. Not sure if I talked to you at the show or not, but you probably noticed me. I was the one drueling over both the M3 and the S4 lol. Beautiful cars!!!
    were u the guy from windsor?
    D.J.
    Turbo SVT Focus
    Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
      i've disabled the Vast Water Injection until I can custom tune for it. it's robbing a significant ammount of power because the 93 octane apr tune timing isn't made for the water injection.

i emailed apr to see if they have a 93 tune for the vast water injection setup. If they do then i'll purchase that. otherwise i think i'm still looking at a standalone route like my other cars.
      I highly doubt APR will have anything for you... but worth a shot.
      Are you sure its robbing power? From multiple sources online most have shown either a HP gain, or at least a more constant power. All it does it add some octane to the fuel, and create a colder running car. These cars suffer from heatsoak quite easily, and the Methanol injection is the easiest way to cure that.
      If you wanted to try.. you could run the 104 program on 93+methanol.. that would be pretty close at our elevation. (just monitor via Vag-Com with shareware software) I just dont believe for a second that its actually taking power away form the car.... It always felt way smoother with it on for me.

Comment

seems like mostly everyone is was somewhat friendly . i definetly got shunned by the majority of the peeps for not having a vw. i walked by the car later and some people didn't know that i was the owner of the car and were making some rude comments about the audi s4 & bmw "infecting" their car show . kinda sucked to hear lol
        Unfortunately that seems to happen a lot with some of the CVD crowd. Some of them in the past have taken things way to personally and have lashed out at our club for unknown reasons (to me anyways) and we have always tried to support them in the past. Personally I don't go to their boards anymore as they have some weird login. I walked around the show for a bit but the my daughter was a bit sick so I took her out to lunch instead.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

were u the guy from windsor?
          No I am not. and yeah it was probably the CVD guys. Some of them seemed quite bitter that the DasDubbers crew took over the show
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I am not sure if a lot of people here are up on the issues that has seen the Das Dubbers spin off from CVD into another group.

Hope we have a big turnout on the 14th though.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

People will always hate...doesnt surprise me! The way i think "I LOVE THE HATE"

The thing that has made the vw community for what it is, is the fact that all the ppl are supportive and its like a brotherhood nonetheless!

I bet if youre car broke down at the show and asked ppl to help i doubt anyone would refuse!

That is what sets us apart from the other clubs and other car groups out there!
              Originally posted by RedMile
              Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
              Originally posted by Smarty39
              haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

i am not coming if we are doing bps anymore it was soooo bad . common Blair find a restaurant that wants us
                sigpic

Comment

lol BPs has good parking thats why and is quiet enough.. blair and i will talk about a possible new location once he returns from his holiday

Comment

"Dub" is "bud" backwards...
                    drive green ||
                    2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T - ex old fun car
                    2011 Mercedes Benz B200 Turbo - daily getter

Comment

Man so much hate on the BPs, not an easy feat to find a place that can accommodate 5-35 people and cars, that come and go, that is not in the middle of nowhere. I will try to talk with them for next week and see if we can get our issues sorted.
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
                        I highly doubt APR will have anything for you... but worth a shot.
                        Are you sure its robbing power? From multiple sources online most have shown either a HP gain, or at least a more constant power. All it does it add some octane to the fuel, and create a colder running car. These cars suffer from heatsoak quite easily, and the Methanol injection is the easiest way to cure that.
                        If you wanted to try.. you could run the 104 program on 93+methanol.. that would be pretty close at our elevation. (just monitor via Vag-Com with shareware software) I just dont believe for a second that its actually taking power away form the car.... It always felt way smoother with it on for me.
                        might need to start a new thread about this. but there's always been a misunderstanding of what water/meth injection does. there is a lot of technical information available outside of public forums. we don't learn much regirgitating what we "hear" on forums

so the water/meth is split into two parts. firstly the water part.

the water "cools" the air charge . it varies on the setup of wether or not it's done before or after the IAT sensor. if it's before the IAT then the computer is aware of the change in temp and can modify timing accordingly; otherwise the computer has no idea and adjusts timing to the measured temp.

the meth part of the mixture is to theoritically increase the octane. something to know about tuning for specific octanes is the combustion speed of flame front. the computer would need to be programmed with an ignition table that suits the theoritical octane (combustion speed) to take advantage of it. higher octane fuels burn slower then regular gasoline (reference high compression f1 cars running alcohol and it's burnrate).

so what happens between the mixture on a tune that is unaware of the change in temp & theoritical octane is a loss in power.

in short, to take advantage of water/meth injection, you _need_ to tune for it.
                        D.J.
                        Turbo SVT Focus
                        Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Originally posted by Euro Dub PL View Post
                          Yeah dont let any of them get to ya, their just jealous. Not sure if I talked to you at the show or not, but you probably noticed me. I was the one drueling over both the M3 and the S4 lol. Beautiful cars!!!
                          Thanks, im glad there are people that enjoyed seeing the M3.... I noticed one other BMW at the show as well which looked quite nice.

Comment

Yeah thats Reggie's BMW. yet another amazing machine. You picked up a sweet M3 tho. looks very clean!
                            Patryk
                            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                            08 VW .:R32
                            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Working...
                            X