Anyone hear about this stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone hear about this stuff?

I have this stuff on my front lip, 3m is good because it's replaceable after a few chips, this is better for complex areas that are to harder cover with a film.

Comment

rob who did it? and where did you get it done? cost more than 3m?

Comment

My friend manages a body shop, cost got washed into the price when the body kit got painted. What are you looking to get done? Bumper cover?

Comment

well on my S4 the entire car.. after a repaint in a few areas.. does it still polish up like clearcoat? has yours actually stood up to chips?

Comment

Its the front lip, so after 2 winters it's taken a beating, but's it's tougher than regular Clear Coat, I've never tried to polish it though. I don't think many people do a whole car with it, I'll ask and see.

Comment

thx man

Comment

So, the word is that it goes on thick, shines up the same as the 3M film. It looks like a paint job with heavy orange peel. 3M can be chip and fade and be replaced, the paint on stuff needs to be sanded off to be reapplied. He recommended a nice paint job with lots of clear, armor coat on the bumper cover and the 3M film on the hood, fender sides and mirror caps.

Comment

Ryan, Your price just went up $5 cause your shopping around and the US dollar crashed so my cost went up......
                  Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Working...
                  X