Soo...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soo...........

I sat in the car they had at the Auto show (was a loaded V6 I believe) and it was pretty nice and this car will be a popular choice at a good price point and the Korean's are making some vast improvements, not sure if I would be in for one, just not what I am in the market for but I am finding myself looking at some cars I never thought I would these days.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

LOL yea me too a bit blair but i want to stay german loyal..

although i could probably walk into GM/ford and get a loaded SUV for mid 30s

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
        My wife was looking for a SUV and after looking at all of them in the $25K to $40 K range I bought an AWD Hyundai Santa Fe...nothing else was even close to what you got for the money. 30K later I am still pleased with the vehicle (I had the same concerns about the brand as well).
        yup a friend has had a sante fe for near 3 years not a single problem and its a nice drive. would look at it above any domestic i think
        Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          although i could probably walk into GM/ford and get a loaded SUV for mid 30s
          My big beef there would be two things (personally) it'd be an SUV and it'd be a GM/Ford. GM used to be the king, whatever they put out you could trust and you'd be in for a good quality reliable vehicle. It just isn't the same field anymore, where there are other contenders who can do more, more efficiently, with higher standards. GM dropped the ball big time over the past 20 years, they tried to get too big while letting smaller companies come out of nowhere, with dirt cheap pricing and initially steal only crumbs of market share, but have now become full fledged competitors.

One thing that irks me big time is how BOTH the Yukon and Envoy exist simultaneously. Mix in the Suburban, Tahoe, and Blazer to the mix and that's fiver separate big ass SUV's from the same company. Then again I like being low to the ground …

Music to permeate your soul …
          Jayson
          MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Originally posted by niXon View Post
            I don't see one decal on that car
            Fine, "badge" if you prefer. Sheesh.
            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
            -james

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
              I would wait to see how many come back in for repairs, you can put a nice cover on a turd but underneath it is still a turd.
              you drive a mk4?

how many of THOSE came back to the dealer.....
              Team Highschool
              Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                you drive a mk4?

Werd

I love when VW owners start to preach about reliability

Comment

i love it when VW owners think they are better than anyone else. VW's by their own definition are the peoples car. They aren't elitist. Yet somehow some VW owners think because they are german it allows them to think they are among the likes of MB, BMW, Audi, Porsche
                  Team Highschool

Comment

you drive a mk4?
                    Yes I have 2 Mk4's none of them ever returned to the dealership under my dime and if any recalls where done they where minor so what of it? You are obviously missing the point of waiting to see what the quality is like. Just ask the people who bought Saturns when they came out and are dealing with cracked blocks etc. When you have these car manufactures coming in you know they are cutting corners somewhere, they don't sell $2500 cars to loose money.
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

hyundai has come a long way from their stuff of the 1990's the same way VW has come a long way from its reliability. Lets face it anyone who owns an earlier vintage VW will tell you they aren't the most reliable cars on the road.

THe VW mk4's were one of the worst of recent VW's in terms of reliability, you may have gotten lucky but many didn't and it tarnished VW's name. But you are willing to put that aside and trash a company who had bad stuff 15-20 years ago?
                      If you're going to compare cars, at least do it evenly.
                      Team Highschool

Comment

haha i was thinking the same thing
                        sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                        His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                        Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                        Past:
                        B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                        B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                        2004 .:R32 BMP
                        2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                        2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                        1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Ok so why do vw sales continue to grow in such economic hard times.? on topic Hyundai genesis good . 2.0t for me if i was to buy Asian
                          sigpic

Comment

hyundai has come a long way from their stuff of the 1990's the same way VW has come a long way from its reliability. Lets face it anyone who owns an earlier vintage VW will tell you they aren't the most reliable cars on the road.

THe VW mk4's were one of the worst of recent VW's in terms of reliability, you may have gotten lucky but many didn't and it tarnished VW's name. But you are willing to put that aside and trash a company who had bad stuff 15-20 years ago?
                            If you're going to compare cars, at least do it evenly.

Um....we might not have the luxury of an Audi or BMW, but I still think the engineering and mechanics of the car are still very well built. My MKIV TDI has 330,000km's and is still running strong.
                            2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
                            Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Rondal are you just trying to pick an e-fight so you can make your e-penis feel bigger or what? I really don't get what you are trying to get at or contributing to this thread.
                              Name: Brent
                              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Hyundai has been leagues ahead of VW in reliability for years. Having a 10 year warranty (even if it's the US, it still trickles down to us) forces that.

The genesis sedan is getting rave reviews, and the sonata and even elantra have been solid buys for years. Even the new Accent is a good Fit/Versa competitor.

The 2.0 coupe (light, rwd) is predicted to handle close to 400 on the stock block so plenty of wiggle room for the tuner boys. Speaking of wiggle room; there is none in the back seat. I sat back there in the car show and my head was hitting the glass. I'm not tall. So it's off the list for me.

I just wish this had made it to production:

Geoff
                                Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Working...
                                X