Well that sucks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that sucks...

Today my dad got a phone call around 3:00pm saying that the garage he stores his 1955 Ford Thunderbird was ran into. My 97 Jetta was also stored in the same garage, unfortunatly they missed the Jetta and hit the T-bird. The driver of the CRV which was written off claims he was only going 20mph. I am still unsure how you can cause this much damage going 20mph down an alley that is as straight as an arrow. The thunderbird got the worst of it, the coca cola trailer got a little damage and our ghetto trailer was damaged as well. Here's the carnage:

Hard to tell in the pics but there is some wicked dents by the exaust and the trunk is buckled pretty bad. The transmission might also be messed up because the car was left in gear when it was parked and it was pushed a good 4 feet from the accident.
    Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Re: Well that sucks...

this is a total fail for the other guy.
    how in heck did he manage this???something is not right with this scenario.
    was it a crack head attempting a break in?

Comment

When we first got the phone call we thought it was a break in, but when we got there everything was still inside. Luckily the guy that hit it left a note and his phone number. We went to meet with the guy and turns out he only thought he ruined a garage door so we went back and showed him the car. It was an older chinese gentleman that hit it and he said "I was just driving and I lost control, you know?". Very nice guy but a horrible situation.
      Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

i was gonna say how the F do you manage that in an alley!!!!!

what like 12g's damage easily hey? what a retard! all aboard the fail train!

Comment

I think in total there is going to be way more then 12k in damage, the good thing is you will get a nice new insulated door at someone elses cost!
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

man that must suck, especially for your dad. Hope everything works out and you get it fixed!

pm'd
            Originally posted by RedMile
            Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
            Originally posted by Smarty39
            haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

Well, it sucks, I've been through it (I've had 2 cars written off while parked), and while the t bird is nice, at least its not original paint.....Therefore the value doesn't take as much of a hit...
              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks View Post
                Well, it sucks, I've been through it (I've had 2 cars written off while parked), and while the t bird is nice, at least its not original paint.....Therefore the value doesn't take as much of a hit...
                That's true but it's gonna be a pain in the ass trying to color match the red
                If we didn't have the white trailer parked in front of that garage door the damage would have been much worse. I think tomorrow my dad is gonna check to see if the tranny is ok. It just really sucks to see the car like this after he put so much work into restoring it, it was his baby.
                Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

What more can you do to protect your car? You would think that parking a classic like that in a locked garage would be enough but no.....the power of the morons in CRV is greater.
                  2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                    What more can you do to protect your car? You would think that parking a classic like that in a locked garage would be enough but no.....the power of the morons in CRV is greater.
                    We even had that white trailer parked in front of the door but he managed to knock that out of the way. I hate to imagine what the damage would have been like if he had not hit the trailer.
                    Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

Wow, that is so brutal. Sorry to hear. The incompetence of that CRV driver is ridiculous.

Any word on what/any charges were laid on him?
                      Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by cam_wmh View Post
                        Wow, that is so brutal. Sorry to hear. The incompetence of that CRV driver is ridiculous.

Any word on what/any charges were laid on him?
                        No charges were laid on him. He was honest and even went to the police station 20min after the accident to report the accident himself. Insurance should sort everything out.
                        Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

oh lame man. looks like a pretty wicked car. Hope everything gets sorted out fosho.

James
                          mk4 wagon

Comment

some people should not be driving, what a shitty deal for you guys.
                            2004 Jetta TDI Sport-Daily
                            2002 Jetta 1.8T(stg2)-Wifey
                            1983 RabbitLS- Dirty Diesel

Comment

Working...
                            X