Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE Help some fellow dubbers win their dream wedding!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE Help some fellow dubbers win their dream wedding!!!!!!

Hi everyone, I know that the VW scene has always been good to us, and I am hoping you will help us out! :beer:

Here is the just of it: My fiancee Cara and I recently entered the Vibe 98.5 $98,000 DREAM WEDDING. The winners are picked by voting on the stations website. We were chosen to be a part of the TOP 10 couples (out of more than 500 that entered). Alot of you already know us, and some of you probably saw me propose to her.

From Today (Feb. 13, 2009) until Feb.26, 2009, the voting is active. The rules state that everyone can vote multiple times, catch is, it's once per day, per IP address.

Please Help us win our Dream Wedding.

VOTE HERE>>>>>>>>http://www.vibewedding.com/Vote.html?ID=2462

and to see the competition: http://www.vibewedding.com

Here is some of our Volkswagen history.

A story from last years Great Canadian VW show. Written by Cara

Jason sure caught me by surprise!! Every year we travel together to Coquitlam, BC for the Great Canadian VW show, to enjoy one of our shared passions - Volkswagens!! This was, I believe our 3rd year attending this VW show and we love it! Previous years I have entered my car in the show, this year Jason entered his. When we were standing at the main tent waiting to hear the awards, the announcer mentioned he had something else to do before he got to the awards, he had a "special request". He asked if Cara Huck could come to the front. I thought, "ME? Couldn't be me, I don't even have a car in the show this year!". I was SO confused. I looked at Jason to see what he thought of this, and he just shrugged his shoulders like he had no idea. So, extremely nervous, I approached the tent, in front of hundreds of people! All eyes on me. (I had a sinking feeling that our friends who came with us on the trip were playing a trick on me in front of a bunch of strangers) That's when I saw Jason walking towards me through the crowd. He looked nervous, and I began to wonder. He took my hand and told me how much he loved me, and that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. That's when he got down on one knee - in front of everyone!! I think my initial reaction was "OH MY GOD!!!!" I immediately gave him a big hug before he could stand up!!! I was so happy, and the crowd cheered. All of a sudden I realized that in my excitement, I forgot to put the ring on. A lady in the crowd shouted "She has to put the ring on!!!", and I laughed with a little bit of embarrassment. Jason put my beautiful ring on my finger. I was on cloud # 9. There was a photographer there for a Hot VWs who asked us to smile for the camera, and a few months later we were in the magazine with a caption under the photo of us that said, "She said yes!". Jason couldn't have done a better job. What a perfect day. ~ Cara

And of Course, Pictures of us and our cars.....

When I asked Cara to marry me at GCVW '08

From Hot VW's Mag

Cara's car from GCVW '07 (she won most outstanding entry)

From the Momentum BBQ GCVW '08

My car from Das Volks '08

and of course, a picture of us.

Sorry for the long post, But we really need the help!!!!

Thanks in advance. We will let you know how it goes.

Re: PLEASE Help some fellow dubbers win their dream wedding!!!!!!

I usually don't bother with these but I clicked on it anyways Good luck and good story to tell the kids someday.
    Last edited by Stonewall; 02-13-2009, 01:13 PM.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

All the best to you and yours! Hope you guys win the competition.

Great lookin cars as well.

Congrats!
      Originally posted by RedMile
      Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
      Originally posted by Smarty39
      haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

You need to get Vortex or some other large body of voters to somehow jump on the bandwagon. That's how all these things end up unfortunately. Whoever can get a large Chinese role playing board to vote wins. ;P

Definately worth trying if you made the top 10 at least.
        Last edited by Khyron; 02-13-2009, 02:16 PM.
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

All the best with the voting, but I think we only need one thread.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Voted

Congrats
            Tunerworks Performance Inc.
            Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
            .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
            STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

voted
              Stefan
              -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
              -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
              -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

voted
                sigpic

Comment

Voted, best of luck to you guys!
                  Rob

Brilliant Black 2000 S4

Comment

thanks guys, i agree with getting vortex to vote, and believe me i tried. unfortunatly, i posted in all the forums that I tend to go to; forced induction, mkII, mkIII, all of canada, and the car lounge, and ALL but the western canada forum got black holed. The worst part is that within 5 min of being in the MKIII forum, i had 65 posts.... now all lost. The problem with the anti cross posting rule, is that not all people visit all the different threads. So only being allowed to post in 1, really dosent make sense. The worst part, is that the admins said the posts were not VW related.

thanks again guys

jason

Comment

hey cara and jason. havnt talked to either off you for awhile. good luck this would be a kickass thing to win. ill get my votes in for you.
                      Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

are you sure you want to get Married?After 20 Years you might end up doing this..
                        a poem to my wife..Rita

We have a secret you and I,
                        That no one else shall know,
                        For who but I can see you lie,
                        Each night, in fireglow?
                        And who but I can reach my hand
                        Before I go to bed,
                        And feel the living warmth of you,
                        And touch your silken head?
                        And only I walk the City paths,
                        And see ahead of them.
                        Your small form racing with the wind,
                        being young and so free,
                        And only I can see your stress,
                        Across your weary face,
                        but in the end my Dear Rita
                        we are still going to die.
                        Love Paul.

anyhow i voted for ya.
                        Best of Luck.

Comment

LOL hows the couch treating you Paul?
                          Name: Brent
                          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                            LOL hows the couch treating you Paul?
                            It's still holding up after 2 years.
                            it's the damn dog that tries to kick me off.

Comment

voted again!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X