HELP!! family of 5 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP!! family of 5 questions

I'm not sure that a Cayenne back seat is any bigger than the AR...but this is probably the best deal out there right now.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/1016992475.html

Would obviously have to import, but a comparable Cayenne here would easily be in the 50K range!
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Comment

cayenne is on my list too.. S or turbo.. i have to see the space in one though..

if i was going SUV it would be Q7 then cayenne then tourag2 but i think an allroad has more space than any of them.. i haven't test drove yet tho.. soon soon tho

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
        NEVER buy a minivan or giant SUV.. theys stupid
        What are you talking about Ryan? My Eurovan was THE BEST thing I ever purchased! It has tons of room and when it's not hauling kids around it doubles as a work vehicle. It's better than a pickup! I even have a hitch!

FYI, did you know Eurovans have 1 ton suspension?! It might not be the fastest van on the road but you can't beat the versatility!
        Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
        You dig sucka?!

Comment

i want 0-60 in around 4-5.5 even if i still drive it like a grandma

and AWD is mandatory.. quattro preferred

Comment

With 2 kids I would consider a van to replace my legacy wagon. The practicality is amazing assuming you don't do more than forestry off roading, or tow much.

With 3 it would be a no brainer. I would be at the Honda dealer buying an Odyssey immediately.

Aside from the practicality and space (which still isn't as much as you might think with the third row up), you ought to consider the safety factor. 3 kids crammed in the back of sedan is not the best scenario in a side impact crash. And decent on gas, no reaching up to put a kid in a child seat, you can change a diaper inside without your a$$ hanging out the door getting snowed on, etc etc etc. Fold all the seats in the floor and bring home the drywall.

A Mazda 5 is useful if the 5th pass is a rare occurance, but with the seat up there's NO room in the back. With 2 kids it would be an interesting option but I found the wagon had more space.

Personally I'd put my kids safety over the ego factor of worrying what the jailbait think about me driving a van.

I found this article interesting back when we were shopping:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/minivans/index.htm
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

The mazda 5 is waaaay to small. I think it is even next to useless with 2 kids unless you really like sardines...
              I agree with Davey though, I looove my eurovan.
              Last edited by Stonewall; 02-07-2009, 12:18 AM.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Merc B-200 is surprisingly spacious, its about halfway between small minivan and large hatchback.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

You can fit 20's on a Sienna.........AND there's a lowering kit for it as well!
                  Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

There are a lot of good deals on Cayennes and A6 Avants in the US. i am hoping that they $ will recover a little. I have really had my eye on a Cayenne.

I feel your pain about the Mini-van, but at some point with 3 little ones you may have to go that route. If you are looking at vans, there are some good deals in the US on Toyota Seinnas.

Have you thought about a Mercedes R350 or 320CDI? I like them to, but they may be a pain in the ass to import.

Andrew
                    www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

^^^^ With the dollar the way it is now, after all is said and done, it's actually more to buy a sienna in the states then up here......unless your buying used
                      Last edited by popp; 02-07-2009, 06:06 PM.
                      Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Since kids are just going to destroy the interior (probably some of the exterior too) my vote goes for a slightly used caravan or the like, and keep a nice car or two as well.

When you no longer need all of that space simply drive the minivan off the nearest cliff.
                        2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by Klobi-One-Kinobi View Post
                          Since kids are just going to destroy the interior (probably some of the exterior too) my vote goes for a slightly used caravan or the like, and keep a nice car or two as well.

When you no longer need all of that space simply drive the minivan off the nearest cliff.
                          I was thinking that after I replied to this thread and went to clean out my wife's Pacifica.

I think the best thing for for kids, minus the safety implications, would be the back of a white cargo van. Perhaps I could get a used paddy wagon from the cops. Just hose it out every week.

Dont get me wrong, I love my son, but man kids are tough on vehicles.

A

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

you need a urinal van.
                            i have 3 kids went thru the same phase and good luck with finding a vehicle built for 5.
                            3 childs seats in most vehicles cannot fit safely,
                            not to mention a dog and a Mother inlaw.

Comment

Originally posted by popp View Post
                              ^^^^ With the dollar the way it is now, after all is said and done, it's actually more to buy a sienna in the states then up here......unless your buying used
                              Used of course.

A

Comment

The more I think about it...

You should buy a super cheap, used mini-van. Because (like others have said) it is going to get destroyed by kids.

Then save up a little money and get a second fun-car for the occasional time when you want to get away. Maybe a little roadster for the summer. Used Boxster or Miata or S2000
                                KR
                                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                                X