Clear All

• Mini

Anyone here own a R56 Mini Cooper S?

Re: Mini

Is someone in the market for one???
    Tint sucks

Comment

Just curious. Apparently they do not work in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by nordex View Post
        ??? Why not.

I've driven one. They handle great, much better than any VW... Power is a little lacking, but I'm dieselspoiled...

It is just a car, no different than any other as far as snow goes. It all revolves around what tires you put on it. They are all factory traction control, so that makes them as good as any other 2WD car.

Comment

How so?

A friend of mine has the supercharged cooper S with Pulley, injectors, intake and a bunch of cosmetic mods. Drives it in winter all the time. He plans to get a chip next.

I didn't initially respond because I thought you were looking for info more specific to the turbo car.
          Jay

Comment

Are you worried cause they sit low?
            "No one likes to shake hands with Mr.Shitty Fingers."

Comment

I have been meaning to come in and fill everyone in. The car is less then 7 months old and is the new TURBO mini. Not the S/C, they no longer use that motor.

Anyhow, the car runs terrific in the winter, when it is isn't in limp mode...

One cold day in november the car began to run like crap after sitting in a parkade all day.
              It went into limp mode and was having a hard time running. Took some time but managed to get it going.

Booked an appointment with mini to take it and they came to the conclusion it was ice build up in the throttle from condensation. They cleaned it up and off we went. I was not to pleased as I suspected this was going to be an ongoing problem.

Turns out I was right. It ran nice for a bit but when it got real cold out and sat for a bit we were having the same issues. Took it back in and they had another look. Same thing. I was then informed they are having serious issues with this and have have numerous people come with the same issue. They had us go pick up a rental and have had that for the last month. Along with 30 + other edmonton mini owners.

Bought a Brand New loaded mini in August and am now driving around in a POS cobalt.

Long story short mini didn't resolve it last year because it affected so few cars but this year the problem grew exponetially as all of canada and the norther US has expereicned as deep freeze and their by affecting so many cars.

Irritated, I called MINI Canada. They took down all the details and called me back a few days later to let me know they know how to fix it. I call my S.A. and he said he'd call me back as he hasn't heard anything about this new fix.

He calls me back to let me know that the fix is a new intake manifold and that they put on every single car and every last one of them failed.

I just spoke to them again this week and they tried another solution that has also failed on every car they have sitting on the lot.

As it sits its been just about a month. I now have a cobalt and no solution to fix my car. Disgusting.

This is a link to the fourum for mini Calgary.

http://www.minicalgary.com/index.php...=1337&limit=20

A lot of people posting their experience with their problem. Apparently I'm lucky to hae gotten a rental..
              Last edited by nordex; 02-01-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I have been meaning to come in and fill everyone in. The car is less then 7 months old and is the new TURBO mini. Not the S/C, they no longer use that motor.

Anyhow, the car runs terrific in the winter, when it is isn't in limp mode...

One cold day in november the car began to run like crap after sitting in a parkade all day.
                It went into limp mode and was having a hard time running. Took some time but managed to get it going.

Booked an appointment with mini to take it and they came to the conclusion it was ice build up in the throttle from condensation. They cleaned it up and off we went. I was not to pleased as I suspected this was going to be an ongoing problem.

Turns out I was right. It ran nice for a bit but when it got real cold out and sat for a bit we were having the same issues. Took it back in and they had another look. Same thing. I was then informed they are having serious issues with this and have have numerous people come with the same issue. They had us go pick up a rental and have had that for the last month. Along with 30 + other edmonton mini owners.

Bought a Brand New loaded mini in August and am now driving around in a POS cobalt.

Long story short mini didn't resolve it last year because it affected so few cars but this year the problem grew exponetially as all of canada and the norther US has expereicned as deep freeze and their by affecting so many cars.

Irritated, I called MINI Canada. They took down all the details and called me back a few days later to let me know they know how to fix it. I call my S.A. and he said he'd call me back as he hasn't heard anything about this new fix.

He calls me back to let me know that the fix is a new intake manifold and that they put on every single car and every last one of them failed.

I just spoke to them again this week and they tried another solution that has also failed on every car they have sitting on the lot.

As it sits its been just about a month. I now have a cobalt and no solution to fix my car. Disgusting.

This is a link to the fourum for mini Calgary.

http://www.minicalgary.com/index.php...=1337&limit=20

A lot of people posting their experience with their problem. Apparently I'm lucky to hae gotten a rental..
                this happened to my bosses wifes car, in a clubman s. they ended up giving the car back for a full refund, it only has 2000kms though.

apparently x5s are having issues as well

Comment

ouch!!!

Comment

This started occurring at a about 3000 or 4000 km I believe. The fun part is this has really been the tipping point.

Comment

Apparently their is now a fix available and is being shipped so the car well be fixed for the end of the month. Hopefully that is the case seeing they have had the car for ~6 weeks thus far.

Comment

Working...
                      X