Home theatre ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home theatre ?'s

I have a full 5.1 setup with Paradigm Reference speakers for my home theater. I am very pleased with them and have not had any issues with them in the 6-7 years that I have owned them. When I went looking for some small bookshelf speakers for my office I was thinking of Paradigm Atoms (read lots of reviews saying these were hands down the best bang for your buck in bookshelf speakers) but after listening to them compared to a set of JMLabs I bought the JMLabs.
    2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

another possible media server nut doesnt look like it has a hard drive or samba connectivity. the Kodak Theatre HD

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US
      Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

anyone see this!?? looks damn good.. 120 bucks at memory express!

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/produ...72&language=en

Comment

Without network access it is a POS in my opinion.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

yea true.. moving a usb HD back forth would get annoying but it looks not bad..

do they sell those popcorns in canada yet?

Comment

build your own HTPC, its what i did and its way easier. allows full network access and everything you want out of a media PC. mine ran me like $700 but i threw 2TB of storage into it
              Team Highschool
              Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

yea mkv and 1080p out tho?

Comment

The cpu on my 2.6GHz single core sits at 80% when I'm watching 1080p material. A dual Core would be a nice upgrade.

Comment

yea i find it funny how this WD or popcorn hour handles MKV files when it has no CPU but people say it plays perfect.

Comment

I have been playing with Boxee...very cool on my Mac (not so good on Linux and not yet available for Windows). I have been thinking of buying an AppleTV ($249) and using that full time for Boxee and some people have been upgrading to the Mac MIni for Boxee for the extra HP. If you have a Mac and want to try Boxee it is a free download. There are tons of TV shows direct from the networks (watch on demand etc) for free. Hulu is back working again so you have more than what you would get with full cable and again its free. (you do have to mask your Canadian IP to get Hulu working)
                      2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

I picked up an AppleTV recently and have XBMC running on it. Works great, and was crazy-easy to set up. Could have installed Boxee as Vulcan mentioned, but I was happy enough with XBMC.

TV is a Sharp Aquos 42" 60mhz
                        Receiver - Yamaha
                        Speakers - Energy 5.1 w/ 8" sub
                        Room is small, and I'm thrilled with my setup.
                        Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
                        2016 .:R (sold)
                        2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
                        2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

my issue with streaming anything is i have wireless in my house.. no runs at all and i'm not planning on running them unless i get really desperate..

right now i setup streaming to my 360 using connect 360 on my mac.. full wireless and even on normal 800mb divx it lags so back to xmbc on my xbox1.. tried to stream a 1080p to the 360 and it queued about 3 seconds then just sat there

if my house had hardlines i suspect it would be fine.. is the 360 100 or gig? i can't remember..

Comment

Working...
                          X