Looking for Ruby on Rails work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Ruby on Rails work

Like the title says. If anyone knows of anything in Calgary or remote, let me know. My specialty is in front end/UI but I do everything, and have a lot of production code in the wild under heavy use. I've been at my current employer for 5+ years and am looking for other options.
    Yuval
    2008 Volvo C30 T5

Re: Looking for Ruby on Rails work

RoR eh haha

they made that scale yet? lol
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Yes.
      Yuval
      2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Akelos is a direct Port of the Ruby on Rails development framework and is designed to work for PHP5.

My company writes software using Akelos, and we're hiring software developers. If you're interested in expanding your skills a little, we could definitely chat.

We feel like developing with Akelos is the closest we can come to using Rails in our business right now. We are developing a new project from scratch, without any messy legacy code. With the best practices and framework from Rails, PHP isn't half bad. Most of our team has Rails experience but we recognize that a language is just a tool. You don't hire tools You hire craftsmen.

Most of what we do is rich web based AJAX GUI work anyway - very little back end code needs to be written, since it just writes or reads objects from the database. Right now I would say that 70% of our code is Javascript and we definitely focus on that part of it. Scaffolding is responsible for a big part of the Akelos code.

http://akelos.org/

We are also contributing code upstream to the Akelos project, which is open source!

Send me a note! Worst case scenario you could see our product under development, and see if its the kind of web based app you imagine yourself being a part of.
        Last edited by Kor; 10-03-2008, 12:59 AM.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
        X