Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this best route from seattle to calgary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this best route from seattle to calgary?

Hi all,

ive just got back from hols in europe, have a couple of good photos ill put up soon but first wanted to ask if this is a good route from seattle to calgary, I have a cousin on tour in the states with a band from the uk and he has a week+ off while in seattle and wants to come and see/drive the rockies and visit us here.

So can anyone comment on this route i got from google? is there a better/easier/nicer etc route? if you can pass on comments / make a new map and paste the link that would be great. in google maps you can jsut grab the line and moves it to where you think it should run and it will recalc so nice and easy. jsut hit the link button in the top right when youve done

This is the link to the map

Thanks loads for the help
    Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Re: is this best route from seattle to calgary?

Yes that is the best route unless you want to stop in Vancouver or Kelowna for any reason.

Actually Google Maps says he could go East to Spokane then head north and it would be just as quick, but I disagree. I think the trans-canada will be the best bet.

Also its a pretty nice drive.
    Last edited by Kor; 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

just heard the toll booth on hwy 5 is closing too... no more tolls. Don't know if its happening soon enough to save you the 10$ or not.
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Yeah, but crossing the border anywhere around Vancouver can be a nightmare (timewise).

I'd probably go east on the I-90 to Spokane, then up through Sandpoint into southern BC, through the crowsnest pass and up hwy 22 or hwy 2.
        Pat
        Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

Whats the band??
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Thanks guys ill pass on your thoughts to him.

I will get the name of the band when i talk to him, he did tell me a while back but i forget. He is actually the sound engineer on tour with them not 'in; hte band. I used to get to see as many bands as i wanted for free when i was in the uk.
            Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

I've gone that route, as well as a different way (through Spokane). The Spokane way was about an hour quicker, even though Google says it's longer. You turn by Post Falls and go up through Sandpoint, and then through Crowsnest Pass back to Calgary.
              Kyle
              2000 Audi S4

Comment

Working...
              X