Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**hole neighbor scratched my car door. Anything I can do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **hole neighbor scratched my car door. Anything I can do?

I have the misfortune of living next door to a total douchebag in my condo, who has been nothing but trouble since he moved in. This afternoon I came to my car to find a big scratch and red paint on the drier's side door. My neighbor parks beside me and drives a red SUV. I'm certain it was him as everyone here knows how anal I am about my car and that I notice these things immediately. Does anyone have any advice? Is there anything I can do without having witnessed it? Thanks.
    Yuval
    2008 Volvo C30 T5

Re: **hole neighbor scratched my car door. Anything I can do?

CSI paint match chip to his car

no seriously tho.. confront the *******.. tell him WTF i have a show car buddy! how would you like to see a foot print smashed into your driver door one day?

all you can do is talk to him.. worst case phone the cops and claim vandalism/hit and run

i know brent had the same type of issue with an old neighbour of his when he was in his town house..

Comment

I would just honestly confront the guy.....
      Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

My only concern is that the guy's kind of a psychopath, so I don't want to come out to see my tires slashed or worse.
        Yuval
        2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Its one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations. If you confront him and he wants to be a jerk he could scratch a panel every month.
          Really sucks!
          Hope he fesses up or moves
          Richard

Comment

take pictures of his door and your door. are there any paint scratches on his that match up?

otherwise do unto others as others have done unto you.
            Team Highschool
            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

yea.. or buy 3 cans of mono foam.. get down one late night and fill his freaking exhaust FULL of it

sugar gas tank... lots you can really do

ps.. remember karma tho

Comment

Sorry to hear that man.

Unlike the other people that are suggesting vandalizing his car, it's probably best to be mature about this. Go and talk to him about it and see what he has to say.

As much as I hate to say it you're probably SOL cause like others have said there is no way to prove that it was his car that did it.
                Last edited by niXon; 09-14-2008, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Move to a house with your garage.....Only real permanent solution.
                  2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                    yea.. or buy 3 cans of mono foam.. get down one late night and fill his freaking exhaust FULL of it

sugar gas tank... lots you can really do

ps.. remember karma tho

As I was taught at Nait... sugar plugs the filters, Coke destroys the engine! Not that I am condoning or suggesting this!

Comment

Originally posted by uv23 View Post
                      My only concern is that the guy's kind of a psychopath, so I don't want to come out to see my tires slashed or worse.
                      I'm sure if you confront him he'll be honest. As long as your carrying one of these

when you talk to him. It ALWAYS works for me
                      Last edited by VAG_Tech; 09-14-2008, 08:53 PM. Reason: picture
                      Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                      You dig sucka?!

Comment

There is absolutely nothing legally you can do. I have gone this route before. Since it is a very obviously him though take a picture with his vehicle besides his and document the piss out of everything. Then talk to the owner nicely and let him know you will be going to the police if he doesn't fix it. Although the police know they have no leg to stand on most of them will at least phone the guy and talk to him if you are lucky. You could contact your your condo association also and ask for another spot. Finally your real only recourse is to take him to small claims court. Either way good luck, hopefully you make off better then I did.
                        Name: Brent
                        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Thanks guys. His truck hasn't been there all day. He actually sold his condo yesterday so maybe it was a parting gift, but I didn't think he had moved out yet so I'll check for his vehicle tomorrow. The scratch is kind of nasty but there's no dent at all so I'm hoping it can be fixed with a little buffing and TLC.
                          Yuval
                          2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

sparkles in his interior cabin air intake, that'll leave a nice parting present
                            Team Highschool
                            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

remember...

he knows where you live :P
                              Art || Tornado Red Jetta GLI

Comment

Working...
                              X