DS or PSP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS or PSP?

With school just around the corner I have decided to try and take the bus to school for my last year at the U of C. This means I will spend about 20minutes twice a day on the bus, to liven the bus ride up I have been thinking about picking up a DS or PSP. I do a fair bit of traveling as well so it would be nice to have something like this on the airplane etc. I was going to pick up a PSP but have started to think that the DS may be the better buy, anyone have input on either console?
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Re: DS or PSP?

i like the DS but I am a sucker for the old school stuff like super mario bros and stuff. I also picked up a mod chip for it which is essentially just a microSD-to-DS cartridge adaptor. download 100 games and load them on to your 2GB micro SD card and put it in the "mod chip" aka cartridge and you are good to go!

Comment

The games you download are real DS games? or are they just home made games for the DS?
      2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

*cough* real games *cough*

Although I have noticed the mod chip has way less battery life. My wife and I both have DS' and one runs a mod chip the other does not and I think the I can get 2-3 times as long on the stock games.

My brother-in-law has a PSP and he enjoys it and it has the advantage of being a music/video player too, but for killing time I think a DS is pretty good.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I was going to pick up a PSP but by the sounds of it (from doing some reading) the DS seem like it would be way better for just using on the Bus to kill 20minutes. I have a iPod that I use at school so I would not us the PSP for music or video.
          2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

You know you can get an Emulator for the PSP right? I was playing Super Nintendo games on it about 2 years ago, so they should have some really good stuff now.

Games like teenage mutant ninja turtles, double dragon, streetfighter etc etc.

All you need to do is look for a guide how to do it (so easy) and download all the emulated games that you want.

Something to think about, although the DS does seem pretty cool with the touch pads and is the fastest/best selling "console" in Japan, ever, but I still love my psp.

Edit: Russell I actually remember meeting you in a Day of Defeat game a LONG time ago, by chance, my name being something Volkswagen related. If I recall you told me you were in Engineering??
            Last edited by calgarydub; 08-06-2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

DS is way better for quick trips as most games have a quicksave feature or you can just close it for short times and the games will pause. I have never compared my battery times with and without the so call "mod chip" though. You can compile movies to play on the DS but for the most part they are huge and don't look all that great.
              I would get a DS first and a PSP down the line is some of the games look good.
              Ohh did I mention the games ratio is aobut 50 DS games to one PSP game?
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by calgarydub View Post
                Edit: Russell I actually remember meeting you in a Day of Defeat game a LONG time ago, by chance, my name being something Volkswagen related. If I recall you told me you were in Engineering??
                Good old DOD, I loved that game. I do remember but that was a few years ago now was it not? Yeah I am still up at the U of C in Engineering.

So if I get a DS, which "MOD" disk thing should I get?
                2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

I use the DSTT (www.ndstt.com).
                  check out modchip.ca, they have a few different ones for the DS. the place is located in canada so is completely legal.

Comment

R4ds
                    Jay

Comment

R4's are getting harder to find due to the big N slapping them around all over japan.
                      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                        R4's are getting harder to find due to the big N slapping them around all over japan.
                        You might be right, I found one without too much trouble actually, Russell, you can PM me if you want.
                        Jay

Comment

PM'd
                          2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Well I think I am going to hold out and give the blue PSP and Madden 09 a try on Monday.

2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Well then this article I came across today will help you: http://gizmodo.com/5034551/how-to-ha...-homebrew-apps

Comment

Working...
                              X