Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WTF? Caliber SRT4

Originally posted by Klobi-One-Kinobi View Post
    Yea, gti's have always seemed to have "staying power" regardless of year for the most part. Like I mentioned earlier vw's msrp drop and finance deal for the new gti make it priced awful close to the srt4. For the small difference in price after everything is said and done who would'nt want the gti as their daily driver?
    The daily driver part is the big thing, and one of the reasons I went with the GTI over a WRX or anything else in its segment. Its the most liveable choice, and the extra cash vs. the features/comfort it buys is well worth it.

I love my GTI, but I'm not oblivious to the other choices out there (especially a hot 285hp)....as a weekend/track/second car, the SRT4 will likely find a spot on my gravel parking pad but it wouldn't replace my daily driver.

Then again...I really want the VR6 engine with AWD so the fiance can have my GTI if I get an A3 3.2 Quattro or R32 or something. We'll see.

(and this choice is based on the fact that the sound of the VR6 engine makes basically anyone with ears want to orgasm).

Comment

I have checked out this car and drove it. The SRT4 starts at $24,995 not 21 or whatever else. Right now Dodge has a ~3K rebate if you pay cash for it hence the 21K. If you pay cash they will sell it to you for that much and in my opinion that's a great deal.

If you want to fianance it, it's 24,995 base price and Low interest rate. Something like 0-2%. However if you want to finance AND get the 3K rebate they will do it for 12%. At least this is what I was told.

I drove one and it was ok. pretty quick stock but no faster than MS3. A chipped GTI will easily run with it.

Comment

Originally posted by greenGS View Post
        I have checked out this car and drove it. The SRT4 starts at $24,995 not 21 or whatever else. Right now Dodge has a ~3K rebate if you pay cash for it hence the 21K. If you pay cash they will sell it to you for that much and in my opinion that's a great deal.

If you want to fianance it, it's 24,995 base price and Low interest rate. Something like 0-2%. However if you want to finance AND get the 3K rebate they will do it for 12%. At least this is what I was told.

I drove one and it was ok. pretty quick stock but no faster than MS3. A chipped GTI will easily run with it.
        Hehe, you make a good chip salesman

Comment

i had 2 runs with one of these last night...off of 3rd we were head-to-head and off of 4th he only pulled on me maybe 1/2 car...IMO pretty slow considering i was in my stock vr6

Comment

Weird, woulda thought the srt would have done better.
            2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by Klobi-One-Kinobi View Post
              Weird, woulda thought the srt would have done better.
              It's all driver with these type of cars. There was one at Race City a few weeks back running solid mid 15s all night long and another one mid 14s every run so a driver makes a big difference.

Comment

Working...
              X