Vacation troubles.. again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vacation troubles.. again

yeah, its got a pretty good dent in it. it's not touching the pan now, but must have flexed enough to make contact. Either way, it still saved my butt. Would have been a pricey fix if I had taken out my oil pan on the road away from home again.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Are you sure it is not just a bad pad from the last time you hit it? I am surprised it did anything as you have to get air time off a boulder to do damage to those plates.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

bad pic, but looking at the back end of the plate (thats the front right wheel you can see). the dent at the main impact point is about half an inch deep. the whole plate is slightly bowed perpendicular to the bends in the plate that give it it's strength. You can see the one corner pulled away a bit.

Last edited by stefan; 12-03-2008, 08:45 PM.
        Stefan
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

^WOW, where do you drive never in my life have i encountered anything like that on the highway.

The only thing i hit was a poor little bird that went into my wind shield. The guilt i felt RIP.
          Last edited by Yasek; 12-03-2008, 10:38 PM.
          "No one likes to shake hands with Mr.Shitty Fingers."

Comment

well, get the crack dealt with, have the skid plate pounded flat again, net pan heater and a diesel flush (due to some odd shuttering) done today. Should be all ready for the next boulder to jump out by the end of the day!!

2 big rocks under the car and one big one right in to the hood all in a year. Crappy luck.
            Stefan
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
            X