Wand wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wand wash

I washed my car today. First went to wand wash and spend $2.65 at Centex on Centre and 22th. Then I went home and washed by hand using Zaino car wash. After that I did the Klasse AIO using my power polisher. Next was the Klasse S&G. Clean in inside, Meguired the dash, doors, seats etc. Finished off with some Meguire NXT II.

Car looks more shine but black is never clean enough.

Now I have a question. If I go to the Wand wash bays would the soup they use strip the wax like Dawn would?

Re: Wand wash

What kinda car wash uses soup? Just kidding

I wouldnt recommend that you use any sort of household soap on your paint. It isnt very good for your finish. To properly remove old wax and road grime, I recommend you use a good quality clay bar or paint cleaner.

I hear p21s works well with Klasse AlO. Did you order your Klasse products online?
    Tint sucks

Comment

i actually ordered the Klasse stuff two years ago. Had some left over and used it. Wonder the shelf life for wax. I used clay bar before and liked it. I am gonna detail my TL-S next week probably.

I like the wash bays but if the high pressure soup is gonna strip the wax then effort is wasted.

Comment

I would recommend aerospace 303 protectant for your dash and interior. It gives it a nice stock dull look without the shine that the rest seem to leave.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadboss101 View Post
          I like the wash bays but if the high pressure soup is gonna strip the wax then effort is wasted.
          I never use the soap at the car wash. I strictly use the rinse and nothing else. I like to go to the car wash approx. 1hr before they close so that it is relatively empty. I then proceed to bucket wash my car (with quality soap) and no one says a word to me about it. I even dry my car.

Its the only way to do it.

If you go during the day when its busy, the staff will tell you that your not allowed to bucket wash or dry.
          Tint sucks

Comment

We always usedSunlight dish soap in the body shop without any problems
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks View Post
              We always usedSunlight dish soap in the body shop without any problems

I really hope you only use it before the car gets painted and not after it comes out of the booth.

From the Mothers Car Wax FAQ:

WHY CAN'T I USE HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS TO WASH MY CAR?

Household cleaners like dishwashing detergent are specifically designed to dissolve grease. Because wax is essentially a grease, household cleaners will remove your car's wax finish; leaving you with little shine and no protection. Also, some household detergents have micro-fine abrasive in them. These can permanently scratch your car's surface. Always use a premium quality, commercial liquid car wash. They are formulated to dissolve dirt and grime without removing your car's beautiful wax finish.

As stated above, dish soap is good for dissolving grease which would be OK to use prior to a car going into the spray booth, but after it gets sprayed, it may not be a good idea. Dish soap is very concentrated and will remove vital nutrients from your paints finish and leave it unprotected against the elements (ie. Sun) and may cause the paint to fade over time. It can also dry out any exposed rubber pieces on your car and cause them to fade aswell.
              Tint sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                I would recommend Aerospace 303 Protectant for your dash and interior. It gives it a nice stock dull look without the shine that the rest seem to leave.
                That's what I was going to say! Plus it won't dry/crack your vinyl because it's actually a UV protectant for plastics and really, really gets the job done. I have the Platinum interior so the grey tends to look lifeless quick... but with the 303 I only have to do it once every four to six weeks.

Don't forget the Rain-X windshield coating! It works unbelievably well!

As for the exterior, when I was working at Toyota and later Lexus we (lot attendants and detailers) used water-based automotive soaps and degreasers (applied using a sheepskin mitt) because it breaks down the best while protecting the paint.

Now for your question: the power of the wand wash would be your most likely culprit for stripping away any film coating you have on the exterior, and then the type of soap. Next time you go for the DIY detail: pre-rinse, rinse, foam brush (gentle!), soap, rinse, wax (until it beads away in the immediate area), spot-free rinse. The secret to a detailers clean is the pre-rinsing. That lifts the dirt out of the paint's pores and the brush then soap carries it away. The wand wax will seal the deal until you get home to buff it proper.
                Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
                X