McGuard wheel locks versus Euro Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGuard wheel locks versus Euro Locks

Hey folks. Now that I finally have rims on the way, I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on wheel locks. There are the McGuards, which are full bolts with a unique head, and the Euro Locks from Concept-1 (I assume they still sell them) which are a sleeve that fits over top of the existing bolts. I have had both in the past. Perhaps there's something even better out now. Opinions appreciated. Cheers.
    Yuval
    2008 Volvo C30 T5

Re: McGuard wheel locks versus Euro Locks

Unique heads are useless thanks to gator grip. If your bolts are recessed then the c1 locks are pretty good but if the bolts are not deep then they're also useless (you just pull them off with pliers).
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I was going to buy some from Tire Bob.

He was honest with me and said if they are pro's and want your wheels, wheel locks are not going to stop them.
      If they are amateurs then they will just damage your wheels trying to get the locks off.

However, some people might see them and they could act as a deterrent but who knows.

In short:
      Tire Bob told me they are pretty much useless, but if it makes you feel safer go ahead and get them!

Comment

Tire Bob also told me the same thing.

I let my insurance company know what I had purchased and what my wheels are worth and they said they are covered.

Comment

If you have the right size bolt I could give you a set of mcguards from a volvo, they have a ring built into them which spins freely so that you can't just shove a socket over it.

*and a quick edit* This are a ***** if the lock strips, takes an hour of drilling to get it off.
          Last edited by edicius; 06-07-2008, 06:29 PM.
          06 Subaru STi
          Volvo tech

Comment

Working...
          X