Confused - Flying J fuel prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused - Flying J fuel prices

How is Flying J able to sell diesel 10 cents cheaper per litre than the Esso and Shell station in my community?

Is there something wrong with the fuel they are selling? The gas seems to be comparable to other retailers, but diesel is very cheap.

I drive by Flying J daily and they are frequently significantly cheaper on diesel than any other station.
    Jeff
    2006 Jetta TDI

"If you think you don't like change, you will like obsolesence even less."

Re: Confused - Flying J fuel prices

Its a truck stop so they probably get a volume discount or something.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I thought of that and checked other truck stops. Flying J is still cheaper. Cheaper than even a few card locks I checked.
      Jeff
      2006 Jetta TDI

"If you think you don't like change, you will like obsolesence even less."

Comment

Not sure why but they are the cheapest in Edmonton for diesel aswell. Im not complaining I work by barlow and 72nd and the Shell up the street from me use's the same price as Flying J for diesel. Not to say the price of fuel is not still way to high :S
        Chris :

2004 Jetta TDI Sport SOLD
        2010 Toyota Tundra CrewCab TRD

Comment

Flying J is ALWAYS the cheapest in town. All of the diesel comes from the same place... Shell's diesel is as good as it gets.

If you have a diesel shopping anywhere else is a waste of a lot of money... They do it to attract the truckers.

Always look here first. Husky is the worst....
          http://www.calgarygasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=D

Comment

Working...
          X