Anyone Have Car Fax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Have Car Fax

Hi anyone have carfax that can check a VIN for me?
    Or know someone who does?
    Thanks
    Mark

Re: Anyone Have Car Fax

so that you know...they aren't very accurate for Canadian cars. Better one would be to run a title check through the registry.
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Don't know about CarFax, but Rondal is right....DO A TITLE SEARCH. I found out recently (through a process server) that my car had a lien on it and the bank had issued a directive to "reclaim the property".

Wound up being a mistake as the dealership had, in fact, paid off the loan, but makes for some stressful times when the repo man shows up.
      Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
      2016 .:R (sold)
      2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
      2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

carfax is a US based system, so it is a lot more accurate on US cars. There are a few canadian things that will update into the carfax registry, such as Aircare in BC, only stating the mileage however. There are a lot of shops however that don't pass along their info to Carfax. A title search should show any damage over $2000 that has been claimed on the vehicle
        Team Highschool
        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

www.carproof.com Used it several times.

Disclaimer: Not sure how good it is with liens and such and take no responsibility if it's a lemon.
          Jay

Comment

carfax is a joke..GIGO.
            take it to a proper shop for an inspection and registries for a lien check.

Comment

Working...
            X