X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orthotics... A knee blowing question.

So not to keep the hijack going on Paul's thread listed here:
    http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...912#post145912

I was wondering about orthotics and who has them and are they actually helping your cause. I was also wondering the cost and are they covered by any medical plans.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Re: Orthotics... A knee blowing question.

I had orthotics and they were covered by my medical plan. I found the orthotics, no matter what they did, to be too hard and cause even more pain in my feet.

What I have found to be the best are heat moldable insoles like "Soles" or "Superfeet". If you're having to pay for the orthotics this might be a better alternative to try first.

Comment

I have had mine for years and they fixed all my knee problems that I had spent years in physio for. They did a video that showed that my muscles where firing at all the wrong times and that one heel was leaving the ground before the other one was down while walking. If your medical plan covers it at least go and get an assessment done.
      Edit: I should point out that it was my feet that lead to my calf muscles being to tight all the time which lead to more weight from my lower back being shifter onto my knees that lead to them being over worked and sore, soccer didn't help much either
      Last edited by Stonewall; 05-25-2008, 04:57 PM.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I have had different types over the years and yes I do find they help. they are covered under my works benefits, but only 80% up to $500 - that would depend on your plan.
        1997 VW Golf K2 - Up in Flames
        1998 VW Jetta Wolfsberg - Sold
        2010 VW Golf Sportsline - Wheel Gap is Gross

Comment

Yup, i apparently have flat feet which was creating a lot of strain on the tendon or watever on the inside of my knee behind the knuckle or whatever. so much so that i couldnt walk around the mall for more than 15 minutes without sitting down. It strained this tendon and made it swell and weekend and then playing badminton I popped my knee out sideways when it gave in.

Ive had orthotics 3 years and its made the world of difference and im about to go back and see about some more. mine were pretty uncomfortable at first, probably 2 months, coz my feet are flat it felt like a big bump under my arch but my feet have reshaped again now and i cant even tell ive got them in, except when i dont where them and after an hour i can feel my knees start to strain again.

Mine were covered by insurance once every 2 years i think. I went to a registered foot doctor (cant remember the term) they had me walk around n examined my feet etc then posed my feet in the correct position and took a plaster cast of it then sent that away and i got carbon fibre insoles with cushionin and leather liner back. worked great and im back to sports again now
          Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

I am thinking I should go back and get a new set now, I have been using the same set all these years lol
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Where the hell do you go to get them? Brent maybe we should go together and get a bulk discount.
              Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
              You dig sucka?!

Comment

Ahh, you must call upon one who is wise in the ways of walking! (or a podiatrists) im in the south and saw Dr Megan Purych at health plus in Midnapore, she was great and also seemed to know what she was talking about fnar fnar!!! but seriously jsut do a search for podiatrists in calgary or you area and theres lots.
                Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

Time to get me some carbon fiber. Then my feet will be built for speed while my belly isn't!

Comment

Working...
                  X