Anyone here a vet or know of one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here a vet or know of one?

Hi all, long shot but seems like there's at least one or 2 of every profession on here.

We have a cat that has some health issues and we've had to take him to the vet several times and have spent a fair bit of money (most people would have put him down several visits ago).

Anyway, we've just taken him in again and we are just kind of hoping he recovers but are unsure. It is just so expensive, obviously I want to do what I can but not sure how many more times we can take him in. Ideally what we'd like to find is A) someone who adopts these types of animals and can afford to do the procedure necessary (we had a girl that was willing to pay for the one time preventative surgery but her cat did NOT get along), or B) someone who would be willing to give me a "break" on the procedure knowing that we've kind of gone above and beyond what most would and that we don't want to resort to the "other" option (maybe cost or something?). we've had good vets and are thankful, don't want people thinking I don't like them.

Some people will probably just think it's "just a cat" but what cat do you know that introduces itself to company, comes to the door when it rings, meets you when you get home, comes EVERY time we call him, and will hang out in a car without needing to be in a kennel.

Any help would be appreciated, I can provide more details if it's needed.
    Jay

Re: Anyone here a vet or know of one?

Some pics

Jay

Comment

i take our dogs to a vet in airdrie which is awesome

btw that guy looks awesome

Comment

he is a beautiful cat, good luck
        Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

My family went through this with our cat last summer, he was 19years old when we finally had to put him down... poor little guy hung in there

Anyways, have you talked with the meow foundation? Not sure, but they may have vets that would be wiling to help keep a cat in a good home.
          2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
          My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. Those vet bills can really add up, I know from experience. I think their are some non-profit agencies that might be able to help, but Im not 100% sure. Maybe try calling a petstore and see if they can direct you to someone. Might be worth a shot. Looks like a cool cat.

I hope things work out for you.
            Tint sucks

Comment

how old is the cat and what procedure are we talking about?
              i Service a Vets car and he's all about bartering.
              if you can paint and/or volunteer he'll probably help you out.
              by the way cool cat.
              Shoot me a pm or post

Comment

He's ~5 years old, which is why it's kind of difficult as he's still pretty young. We sent a letter to the meow foundation over a year ago and....well.....they were actually kind of rude in their response, we tried a facebook group too in hopes of finding someone. My wife has actually become allergic to the cat also (had cats her whole childhood though) but we don't want to just "give him away" and pass issues on to the new owners.

Anyway, thanks for the responses, he's cool, he's basically our dog haha.
                Jay

Comment

Working...
                X