Cleaning Rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Rims?

What is the best way to clean off 10 years of road grime/brake dust on the inside of rims?
    Car is a 97 trek and I dont think that the rims have ever really been cleaned good on the inside (or outside) Rims are a OEM 14 " mag Dont want to spend forever doing it either
    12 Volvo XC 90
    03 Jetta1.8T
    95 Cabrio VRT
    90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Re: Cleaning Rims?

We used to use Castrol Superclean at work. Mint! We dropped it because it got too expensive
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech View Post
      We used to use Castrol Superclean at work. Mint! We dropped it because it got too expensive
      Castrol Superclean... you should be able to ge it from Walmart!

Comment

Yep, hit the underlined link you'll go to the Canadian Tire site..

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
        You dig sucka?!

Comment

Castrol Superclean hey?
          will have to get some and try, We have Spray Nine at work but it is really strong stuff .
          thanks, will let know how it turns out.
          12 Volvo XC 90
          03 Jetta1.8T
          95 Cabrio VRT
          90 G60 Corrado

Comment

I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and some expensive, brake dust removing wheel cleaner from NAPA on my OEM rims that had some seriously baked on brake dust. Worked decently.
            Jeff
            Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
            Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

Be careful with that Mr Clean magic Eraser, if you scrub to hard or too long on one area and your Rims happen to be clear coated it will peel it right off.

Comment

Well cleaned the rims up, Looked for the castrol superclean at CT but they were all out so I tried some stuff in an Orange bottle -worked like crap- ended up using spray-nine and a bit of elbow grease-only took about 2 hrs to clean all 4.they deff look a lot better !
                12 Volvo XC 90
                03 Jetta1.8T
                95 Cabrio VRT
                90 G60 Corrado

Comment

Try the Super clean if you can find it. Works like a hot-damn!

You dig sucka?!

Comment

Working...
                  X