Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iphone

My prediction.

Rogers well have the new iphone. All the packages well have unlimited data. they well vary based on voice and text features. Expect to see inclusive plans starting at 65 and ranging through to 150 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
      Since neither of us know for sure, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
      Effective immediately: Bell is offering UNLIMITED DATA on all blackberry/windows devices for $30.00 on top of a phone plan of $30.00 or more!!!!

This includes unlimited email and browser just not tethering!!!

There you have it folks!

Comment

Bell isn't GSM, is it?
        2008 Audi RS4
        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

nope
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Ha at the end of the day it really doesnt matter which company did it first. Everyone else is going to be forced to follow suit.

Bell has made a wise choice to capitalize on being the first company to do this!

Comment

Originally posted by nordex View Post
              Effective immediately: Bell is offering UNLIMITED DATA on all blackberry/windows devices for $30.00 on top of a phone plan of $30.00 or more!!!!

There you have it folks!
              Telus was offering a $15 per month unlimited data and email plan earlier this year. I have been on it since January and it has been great. I havent paid anything additional for surfing or email. Of course no tethering though.

I think the cost of it has gone up to $35 or $45, but I have heard that if you talk to Loyalty & Retentions you may still be able to get it.

Andrew
              www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

There you have it folks!
                Wow, and the Iphone isn't even here yet, that's strange.

New players are coming in and winning wireless bandwidth so the these big fat companies are going to have to get competitive, I can't wait!

I heard on the news last night that Canada pays by far the highest cellphone rates of the industrialized countries.
                Jay

Comment

Looks like no iPhone for me for a while. I spoke to Telus the other day and it is going to run me close to $500 to get out of my 3year contract. I think that will be the last time I have a multi year cell contract.

They did mention their data plan mentioned above.
                  Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
                  2016 .:R (sold)
                  2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
                  2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

Anyone know the release date for the iphone? I checked the Rogers website and they don't menton the iphone anywhere.
                    Tint sucks

Comment

I was in a Rogers store downtown today and asked a sales guy. He said December/January, but I don't know if you could believe him or not.
                      Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
                      2016 .:R (sold)
                      2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
                      2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Jester B View Post
                        I was in a Rogers store downtown today and asked a sales guy. He said December/January, but I don't know if you could believe him or not.
                        By January people will have evolved psychic communication and won't be using phones anymore.

January, wtf?
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Haha, like I said, rate reductions had nothing to do with "Apple" and their iphone, they are just having to be competitive.
                          Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
                            Haha, like I said, rate reductions had nothing to do with "Apple" and their iphone, they are just having to be competitive.
                            WOW you don't think so? You don't think maybe bell is doing this to try and sign as many people on their data as fast as possible and thereby cutting the edge the iphone is going to bring?

Comment

I am going to look for one of these when I am away.

Blair
                              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

WOW you don't think so? You don't think maybe bell is doing this to try and sign as many people on their data as fast as possible and thereby cutting the edge the iphone is going to bring?
                                No

Edit: I'll elaborate, I think it's a much needed market adjustment based on new players applying for wireless bandwidth and they plan to have stripped down plans for really cheap. Bell is lowering their rates while Telus is taking a whole different approach and created a new lower priced company (Mobo or whatever it's called). I'm glad the iphone is coming, don't get me wrong, I just don't think it has the impact some people think it does.

It's just my opinion, you don't have to like it.
                                Last edited by Tuna; 05-30-2008, 08:23 AM.
                                Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X