Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iphone

Originally posted by Duby T View Post
    I was an existing Rogers customer who has been contract free for the last couple months. I got the 8gig for $175 on the 3 year contract. Im gonna call the 1888 number to see if I can get further discounts aswell. Ive been a loyal customer for over 4 years now.
    Cell phones companies bend over backwards to impress and lure over new customers...existing ones, they'll do just enough to keep you. Don't expect anything extra just because you've been with them for years. They much prefer a new client - that goes for all companies.
    Matt - A3

Comment

damn it
      Tint sucks

Comment

There is a retentions department that you can call....They can offer some deals that the regular CSR can not give. How far they can bend depends a lot on how high your monthly bill is and if your account is always paid on time etc.
        2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          oh for you guys that got them did you switch providers or what were your previous plans? our family plan is 90/month for 2 phones and thats why rogers says they want to screw us lol
          You family plan is $90 a month? I have a very basic family plan and it costs me $60.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

what do you have brent? its supposed to be 50/month but then you add 911, system crapsess, and thier 11$/phone for VM,display,text and its like 89-90 after tax..

what a crock of **** i hate rogers but i'd rather be with them than telus or bell.. GSM is the only way to go for the future it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
              GSM is the only way to go for the future it seems
              Why do you say that?
              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

well it seems thats the worldwide standard no? and rogers always gets the best phones due to GSM being used in europe and USA

i could be wrong but i thought cdma was pretty dead technology??

i could be wrong of course

Comment

Picked up an iPhone for the Mrs on the weekend and she is really loving it so far and with the ability to add the $30 6 gigs of data on to regular plans not too expensive for a monthly cost.
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Also picked up one for my g/f this weekend too. Super cool toy.

The free app "Remote" is a must have for anyone that has an apple computer as well. You can play songs from iTunes on your computer, see the album covers and control the volume... all from your iPhone. Super cool.

There's also a Star Wars "light sabre" app which is hilarious.

Cheers... Deuce.
                    Rob
                    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

umm so yea i go into rogers today in the eaton center mall

the guy was sooo cool.. walked out with a 16gig phone for 300 bucks and all that was added was the 30dollar 6gig data special plan to my existing family plan! was in/out in like 10 minutes flat! if only it was this simple all the time

Comment

Was the guy SUPER tall (like 6'7?)? Tyler?
                        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                        -james

Comment

yea pretty tall guy.. in his 20s.. dress shirt/tie i don't remember his name tho

Comment

Did they have white 16gigs in stock? I think that is the same one we got Sarah's at on saturday, still tempted for myself, but not sure what will happen in September after the $30 6gig plan is supposed to end.
                            Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

you know you can add that 6gb plan to ANY phone. so just add it to your current phone. later when you want iphone, you will already have that plan...
                              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

blair i got the last white 16gig but i'm sure other stores have them

yep bart thats all i had to do was add the 3g 6gig 30/mo data plan to my family plan and done deal!

Comment

Working...
                                X