93 octane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 octane

im located in the SE so the closest spot to where i am where i can get 93 thated be great!

Re: 93 octane

Mohawk/husky on Glenmore/ogden rd., mcleod tr., and one in Sundance (I think)
    2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

yep.. Sundance.. Ogden/Glenmore then Mc and 42nd

Comment

the mohawk that is on edmonton trial and 16th ave also sells 94.. thats where i always go now

Comment

Also the Husky at Bow and 37st SW.
          Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

due to the elevation even if you are running a program that requires 94 you can get away with 91 without issue.
            Team Highschool
            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
              due to the elevation even if you are running a program that requires 94 you can get away with 91 without issue.
              Seconded.

I wouldn't be too concerned about being at 93 octane.

Comment

REALLY!

i've never tried my 93 program with 91.. haha i may have to do that this week and give'er a go.. i do know tho my 93 program is MUCH faster than my 91 for sure

Comment

you're confusing two thinks; 1) what the program is made for, and 2) what gas is in the tank

91 vs 93 PROGRAMS:
                  The 93 program will be a more aggressive program and will do a lot more to utilize the higher octane fuel in the tank. Problem is if you don't run a high enough octane fuel (93 @ sea level) you can run into detonation issues.

91 vs 93 FUEL: 93 is obviously a higher octane fuel and takes a little longer to burn so you dont get detonation as quick as what you otherwise would with 91.

What i was trying to say was due to our elevation, you are able to run a 93 program on a 91 octane without issues. Running a 93 octane with the 93 program at this altitude should result in a little more power because it is like running a 96-8 octane or there abouts at sea level.
                  Team Highschool
                  Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

on another note.. with gas prices having just gone up again anyone have a secret place they go to to get cheaper 91 octane?
                    drive green ||
                    2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T - ex old fun car
                    2011 Mercedes Benz B200 Turbo - daily getter

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                      you're confusing two thinks; 1) what the program is made for, and 2) what gas is in the tank

91 vs 93 PROGRAMS:
                      The 93 program will be a more aggressive program and will do a lot more to utilize the higher octane fuel in the tank. Problem is if you don't run a high enough auto body part octane fuel (93 @ sea level) you can run into detonation issues.

91 vs 93 FUEL: 93 is obviously a higher octane fuel and takes a little longer to burn so you dont get detonation as quick as what you otherwise would with 91.

What i was trying to say was due to our elevation, you are able to run a 93 program on a 91 octane without issues. Running a 93 octane with the 93 program at this altitude should result in a little more power because it is like running a 96-8 octane or there abouts at sea level.
                      Off topic question: Um, how come lower octane levels are used for hybrid vehicles?

Comment

because all all cheap cars use 87

Comment

You will make the most power using the lowest octane possible.

Higher octane burns slower and is more difficult to light (part of why it is resistant to pre-ignition, duh).

I filled up the car tonight with 87 octane gas and the butt dyno says its quicker up until around 7 psi then it knocks, so I dialed the water / meth injection back to come on at 5 psi and it really flies.

(I'm running a Revo stage 2 program dialed to high boost 9 and timing 7, up from HB 4, T 4 pre-water injection)

Comment

Let's dispel a few myths here...
                            Higher octane fuel DOES NOT burn slower. It just takes more energy to ignite. Because it is more resistant to ignition, it has greater energy, and emits more energy when it does burn. People use race fuel for a reason.

2nd, higher elevation doesn't have much to do with the appropriate octane rating to be used, the quality of the fuel does. And to be honest, the 94 octane fuel we get here isn't quite as good as the fuel they get in detroit and various other places. A program that was written for, and runs very well on 94 octane in detroit needs the timing retarded a little bit for the fuel we get here because of pre-detonation, knock, and high correction factors in the timing maps.
                            Jordan
                            Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                            JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                            (403) 690-7135
                            jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Won't a 91 rating at sea level be more like 94ish here? I have read that in numerous articles about the altitude's affect on actual Octane..

Comment

Working...
                              X