Thinking about a small car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking about a small car

I really liked the MINI. That car does it for me personally. I much prefer the exterior styling. Going to go to VW this week and take a test drive!

Comment

Let me guess Blair, the C30 was a base model 2.4i?

Well went around and did some looking today. Looked at the Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent, Chevy Aveo, Nissan Versa, and took a quick look at the Astra even though I already knew it would be out of the price point. With price/size/economy the Versa wins by a mile. .9% financing (close enough to 0) only Marginally more expensive than the others but better in every way. Has the most power in it's class (122hp), biggest interior space, etc. Also, along the lines of what Kris said, would also still be worth something in 5 years.

Right now they are offering an additional 500 rebate on them. Not sure how much more I can negotiate. Anyone know a good site besides carcostcanada that's good at telling invoice and factory to dealer incentives?
      Jay

Comment

Talk to the new dealer down in fish creek - they were more willing to deal than the others when we bought my dad's versa. Seats don't fold flat, not even close. Aside from that and the redish brown backlighting it was pretty much a steal.
        Last edited by Khyron; 04-26-2008, 11:43 PM.
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Yes Jason the Volvo was the base model, trying to keep the price point low I think. The more I keep looking at things if I am going to spend a bit more money I keep coming back to the GTI, seems like the best bang for buck and 0.9% financing is available too.

We are still waiting for a while and I am still interested to see if Nissan's Cube is going to come to the NA market for 2009 as they keep saying as I am still unsure on the size of the GTI for our parking situation.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Yea, a GTI sounds like a pretty deal for sure and I'd love to have one, unfortunately the fuel consumption will be worse by a fair bit plus over 10,000 more than a Versa.
            Jay

Comment

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Buy...-Screwed-11056
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
              X