Email Woes...Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Woes...Help

So I know that there are some computer guys around here and I hope that you all can help me.

All my email from my business domain is being marked as spam and not getting to the intended recipients. As you can tell this sucks.

It seems to be all email that I am sending, even replies.

- I am using Namespro.ca as my host so it that the problem
    - I am sending some messages from my Blackberry that is running BIS could this have something to do with it.

I am really deperate to get this working. I am thinking of changing my host to see if that solves the problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good host for email & web.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong here?

Andrew
    Last edited by gaffer; 04-21-2008, 04:50 PM.
    www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Re: Email Woes...Help

If it's ALL emails, it's your own provider marking it. Lots of people don't even run filters.

Otherwise you can send an email to khyron AT nexus-point.net and we'll see what spamassassin says is wrong with it.
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Your outgoing mail server is probably being used to relay real spam, and has been blacklisted.

Contact the persons administering your internet provider's smtp server and ask whats up.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I thought that it was all my email, but some seems to be getting through.

Basically anyone who is running spam filtering wont get my email.

I think that I will switch email providers and see if it gets better.

Geoff, I'll send you a note to see what spamassasin says.

Thanks guys,

Andrew

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Over paid IT guy's 2 cents ....

a) Check robtex to see if you are on any block list...
          b) make sure your smtp server that you are using has reverse dns look up setup if you are using your own smtp server
          c) make sure you are not sending some attached images with your emails such as your sig or background

also, if you are using BIS (not BES) on your blackberry, it should not get tagged as spam...

what's your email domain name?
          Last edited by LiQuus; 04-21-2008, 09:05 PM.
          Stage 0
          2001.5 Audi S4
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiQuus View Post

b) make sure your smtp server that you are using has reverse dns look up setup if you are using your own smtp server
            c) make sure you are not sending some attached images with your emails such as your sig or background

also, if you are using BIS (not BES) on your blackberry, it should not get tagged as spam...

That is exactly what I am looking for, over paid, under worked IT guy to give me help

I am not familiar with robtex. Will google it.

I do send a signature with my email, but it should just be text (is this the problem)

How do I check the reverse DNS SMTP stuff, I dont use my own server, I just use the email from the hosting package I have with Namespro.ca.

The domain in medicaledge.ca. Pardon the amatuer website, it is being redeveloped as we speak.

I am using Telus BIS not BES.

Thanks for you help guys.

Andrew

Comment

There are many blacklists you can subscribe to and I'm on several of them. You didn't score high enough to be marked but I'll check logs tomorrow. I also run a crap load of custom spamassassin configs - we block about 200K a month and we're only about 120 employees. It's crazy.
              Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

yea spam is insanely off the hook nowadays

Comment

yeah, every company i know has spam issues..

anyways, medicaledge.ca looks fine from all that i can tell.. not in blacklist or whatever

I would go over the workstation you are sending email out ... could be infected.

if you are using outlook and emails are getting flagged as spam, maybe try to use web-based email interface (every host should have one) and send out using emails that way... if that doesn't get flagged, it's your computer, if that does get flagged, its your host
                  Stage 0
                  2001.5 Audi S4
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiQuus View Post

damn you overpaid IT guy. i'd like to know where you work, as I am an underpaid IT guy..... heh.

Comment

need a job? we are hiring.. send me your resume or pm me
                      Stage 0
                      2001.5 Audi S4
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X