Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas hits all time high in Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2008/0...d.html?ref=rss

I don't know about this because 2 years ago when I got engaged in BC I remember regular was 129 because i paid 141 for premium

either way its sad to know back in 2001 gas was 51.9..

then again its not 3+/litre like in europe..

ps i hate oil/gas

Re: Gas hits all time high in Canada

wow 91 cents a litre in us.......
    02 GTI
    Jared

Comment

Me and my stock portfolio cheer every day oil hits a new high.

God bless our Albertarabia.

Comment

I remember in 2006 when I first got my license gas prices were like 86 cents/litre and that was high for then.
        Its pretty sad when it costs $55 to fill up a Jetta
        -Drew
        2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
        1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

Oh well, time to ask for a raise to offset the higher cost of living.
          Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
          You dig sucka?!

Comment

i paid 72 to fill up my car the other day.. 55L tank so a mk4 will be the same..

i remember back when i was 16.. so uhh 1998.. gas was 42C/L!!!
            in college in 2001 51..

haha dave yea.. and like most companies.. here is your 3-4% raise to make you want to stay in alberta.. no thanks.. :(
            Last edited by R_Ethug; 04-15-2008, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post

i remember back when i was 16.. so uhh 1998.. gas was 42C/L!!!
              in college in 2001 51..
              Snap son, I remember when I used to pump gas when I was a teenager, it was 23 cents per litre.

Man, I was 28 in 1998...
              Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
              You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by JustALilBit View Post
                I remember in 2006 when I first got my license gas prices were like 86 cents/litre and that was high for then.
                Its pretty sad when it costs $55 to fill up a Jetta

where do you fill up?

usually costs me 60-70....

Comment

When I bought the Jetta in 2002, my cost per km avg'd at 7 cents per km. So 1400 dollars for a year (20K).

2007 avg'd at 10 cents per km. 2000 dollars for a year (20K). 2008 is already almost at 11 cents per km and we haven't hit summer. Might be on track for 2400 in fuel. That's an extra grand of after tax money walking out the door.

It's not even the dollar amount, it's how quickly it's risen. That 30% increase is going to hit sooner or later on the food, the utilities, the crap we buy etc.

I'd love to buy my big 350hp v8 G8 but with the trend it would cost me an extra 6K over 5 years to own it and that's assuming there's no fuel disruptions.
                  Geoff
                  Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Yep even the Smart is suffering, last couple fills have actually pushed me over the $20 a tank mark, crazy!!!

I am not overly concerned as I am pretty reduced on my usage already but I do think other items are going to go up even more in adjustment and it has gotten very pricey to live here, but I hope the economy will be strong and show me the wealth in other areas.
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

geoff i hear yea.. but really i love the power.. although the 1.8t or a 2.0t chipped would probably satisify me still.. the 2.7t roars but drinks that milkshake up pretty fast.

that being said the next car in the spring will probably be a 4.2 audi V8 LOL.. oh well

Comment

Well I'm down to 4 vehicles now but I think in a few more months we'll be losing the Volvo and the beater and buying a diesel or something, or at least something reasonably fuel efficient for the commute.

I really wish Volvo would bring in vehicles/drivetrains to compete with the likes of VW, if Volvo brought the D5 over here in the V50/S40/C30 I would be all over it. Wouldn't even look at a Jetta/Golf. Even better in the V70. I still can't believe how much I like that car.
                        Jay

Comment

I am also thinking of a non S version of the Mini clubman now too, not so much for gas prices (Non S does get close to 40mpg though) but also the $5,000 lower purchase price.
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

jason yea i'd totally buy a new audi diesel if they released them here.. that way i get the features and stuff i want but with a bit better mileage..

Last edited by R_Ethug; 04-16-2008, 09:35 AM.

Comment

My truck gets about 13.5L/100km......and costs over $80 to fill.....I'll be riding the bike alot this summer.....45mpg FTW
                              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Working...
                              X