This guys off my gift list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guys off my gift list

Julian Fantino, the seemingly authoritarian commissioner of Ontario's provincial police force has proposed new legislation that would lead to officers handing out tickets to anyone who puts their car into a ditch during a snowstorm. Ontario — Canada's most populous province — recently introduced legislation to impound for a week the vehicle of anyone caught driving 31 mph over the speed limit.

Fantino also recently said he supports lowering the impoundment threshold from 31 mph (50 km/h) to 18 mph (30 km/h). That would mean anyone caught traveling 18 mph over the speed limit would have their car seized on the spot for a week and face a fine of $2,000 to $10,000 for stunt driving. So far, Canadian lawmakers seem satisfied with the 31 mph directive.

The ditch ticket proposal might irk average drivers even more. Fantino said he thinks anyone whose car slides off the highway in bad weather should be fined, even if there is no evidence of careless driving or excessive speed.
    2002 996TT
    2011 S5
    2004 S4 Avant

Re: This guys off my gift list

This guy is on some strange power trip or something, single handedly destroying driving in Ontario, maybe he is getting a cut of all these fines or something.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

That is ridiculus, there are certainly times when hitting the ditch can be unavoidable, it just seems more and more that the legal system is doing all they can to milk every dime from drivers that they can possibly get. Sad really
      2002 996TT
      2011 S5
      2004 S4 Avant

Comment

Speeding law is one thing but maybe this guy should put his efforts to saving starving children in Africa!

Comment

sometimes its better to drive into the ditch to avoid the 10 car pile up!

what a retard... god i don't know where i want to move in a few years but the laws out east really piss me off.

Comment

Are there ditches full of hundreds of cars in Ontario?
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Some people are really Special....

Comment

No Kris, that only happens in northern Alberta, as the ditches are a lot smoother then roads
                Last edited by nordex; 03-11-2008, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X