bicycle roof racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bicycle roof racks

I'm fairly new to the whole thing of roof racks.

I have the OEM VW bars and now i'm looking for two bicycle holders.

Can any brand of bicycle rack fit on the VW frame or do they have to be the VW ones?

Does anyone have any recommendations on what style of bicycle holder is better? I'd prefer the style where you don't have to remove the front wheel.

Also, is it worth getting the front wind deflector for the rack? If it matters any, i don't have a sunroof.

Tim
    Tim
    "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Re: bicycle roof racks

I dont know what kind of bars the OEM VW racks use...

But I use the Yakima King Cobra for my bike, and its awsome.

Its nice because you can leave the wheels one (since having 20mm axles is a pain) and its pretty sturdy. The only downside that i can see is the tray itself is a little small. . and if your rear tire is big .. it doesnt fit aswell into the tray. I ussually just lef the air out of my tire though and pump it back up when i take the bike off.

That wouldnt be a problem if you ride BMX, xc, or road though .

Dunno if that helped any.. but if VW's can use roundbar attachments I HIGHLY recomend the king cobra, or cobra

Comment

Re: bicycle roof racks

There's several but a lot are generic and will clamp on to any bars.

The OEM ones I have clamp to the downtube so you can keep both wheels on. The catch with roof mounts is you have to really take care to remember it's up there for garages/drive thrus etc. Also really notice the fuel econ hit.

I'm actually getting a hitch put on just so I can have a hitch bike rack.
      Last edited by Khyron; 03-09-2008, 12:51 AM.
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Working...
      X