Thoughts On This Smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts On This Smart

Just looking for thoughts on this Smart, most noticably the mods such as the front spoiler, grille and side skirts and also the wheels.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Thoughts On This Smart

I like the wheel sizes but not the wheels

Body mods are hard to notice on a smart.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

What's it like to drive one of these? I've never been in one, but I would really like to experience it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
        I like the wheel sizes but not the wheels
        I agree, lip looks great but I could see people commenting on how you tried to make your smart look like a mustang with that style of wheel.
        Jay

Comment

They are pretty different to drive, not fast and the tranny takes getting used to but with a few tweaks they can be pretty fun and still get a fair bit of attention especially with a mod or two!

The wheels are Work Goocars 2 piece 17" in Smart fitment, not too common and not cheap but I am tempted by a very good deal on a slightly used set.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I think your current wheels are 10x better looking.
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Does not mean I would be getting rid of the Crossblades round out the collection of 15, 16, & 17s
              Blair

Comment

If you refinished the centers to not be chrome, they might look better. Like on that car, a flat (not gloss) body-matched beige would look sweet I think.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

They make wheel adapters right? 3 to 5 bolt. Solve all your problems if you want new wheels. Run some classic BBS RM's or something.
                  Last edited by Kor; 02-28-2008, 03:02 PM.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I would think that would cost a fair bit of coin to make that work.
                    Blair

Comment

if wheels werent finished in chrome they would look much better im sure. but maybe you could pull off the whole black car and chrome rim look...add in a few other pieces on ur car that are chromy and ur set!
                      Originally posted by RedMile
                      Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
                      Originally posted by Smarty39
                      haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Why not get a nice set of wide 14" rims and slam that bish? MK1 style.
                          Tint sucks

Comment

bling bling

Comment

Originally posted by Duby T View Post
                              Why not get a nice set of wide 14" rims and slam that bish? MK1 style.
                              14" wheels will not clear the brakes, slamming a smart is not easy only 1 company makes coils for them and they are mad money and hard to find any wheels in 3x112 with staggered widths and negative offsets for the rear.

That photo shop looks good Kris, but these would be on my dark coloured car but I agree maybe getting the centers re-done at some point would be a nice option. The biggest key is these wheels are very rare (might be the only set in Canada) they usually go for over $5gs and these ones are a month old and less than half the normal price.

Another couple pics

A roadster with them

Blair

Comment

Working...
                              X