Salvage Title Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvage Title Question?

Does any one know if it is possible to import a salvage vehicle from the US and then have it registered here in Alberta?

I am curious about any RIV issues, insurance and title problems or if any one has any experience with this.

Thanks,

Andrew
    www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Re: Salvage Title Question?

ADMISSIBLE AS A VEHICLE

Salvage Vehicles - Title indicates "rebuildable, repairable, etc".
    Title indicates "rebuildable, repairable, etc." AND Vehicle is on List (CL9203) as ADMISSIBLE.
    May be entered as a "vehicle".

Confirmation that there are no outstanding recalls on a vehicle is a mandatory requirement of the RIV program. The (#) indicates that the manufacturer will not issue this confirmation for vehicles that were once declared "salvage" in the U.S. Failure to produce this confirmation will result in a failed inspection; therefore rendering the vehicle inadmissible. Please contact your manufacturer in all cases to ensure that this confirmation can be issued.

It looks to be admissible as long as the manufacturer will issue you the recall letter.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/impor...list/VAFUS.pdf
    Last edited by Kor; 02-22-2008, 03:23 PM.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Yup it can be done, but IIRC you wont be able to register it as that model of car. it basically becomes the same as a kit car, and gets its own unique VIN to its name. This is the same loophole that the R32's exploit when they come up as kit cars. It can no longer be an R32, but basically is registered as a kit car and you can call it what you want.

What car are you trying to bring in on salvage?
      Team Highschool
      Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

i know someone thats importing an r32 next week shhh
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Actually I am pretty sure registration of a salvage title car varies from province to province. So, check the Alberta Registrar. You may be able to register it in another province or something also.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

most provinces will not register them.
            but alberta still does if it's labeled write off.
            if the bill of sale says just for salvage only,your dead in the water.
            i did writen off vehicles but salvage only is a diffrent story.
            Last edited by VWSM; 02-23-2008, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X