Someone buy this, and take care of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone buy this, and take care of it

I've seen this guy driving this thing in rush hour on deerfoot in sloppy, gravel filled roads. Granted I am doing the same with my 337, but I don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars to squander. Personally I think the guy is a douche bag.
    http://calgary.craigslist.ca/car/572383627.html
    Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Re: Someone buy this, and take care of it

Owners who drive their cars like cars get from me. Not down with garage queens.
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

What the **** else is he gonna do with it? Post a bunch of pictures on car forums and park it 9 months of the year. Its stock, its new. Garage queens should be classic cars, not overpriced ugly large 350z's with a big B on the front. I think people who tell other people how to use their own posessions are douchebags

Comment

so it costs a few dollars! so do Tanks and they drive around all year.

Comment

And have you seen the roads tanks drive on? Some hillbilly somewhere is crying because the camo job on his tank got scratched.
          Last edited by Stonewall; 02-13-2008, 08:30 AM.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

personally when you do have the money to buy a car like that you become 2 people.

person A who doesn't give a crap will drive it year round and get it beat to snot and say meh i have money i don't care.. bling blao bitchez

person B who realizes what a beauty the car is and the climate he lives in so he takes his wealth and purchases a more common car to drive in the winter.. but because he has money he buys an Audi A4 or A6 that is still a very nice car but can take the beatings of the winter months and doesn't make him look like a giant douche eating a turd sandwich

Comment

Maybe that's his winter beater? Maybe his summer car is a mclaren?
              Jay

Comment

I've got a buddy who lives 5 minutes away from me that has a flying spur for his winter car.
                Jordan
                Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                (403) 690-7135
                jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

i had dinner and got a ride home from a guy who's winter car is a brand new Porsche Turbo. When you make $500,000+ a year, things like that look like a sunfire to folks that only make $40,000. It's all a matter of perspective.

Having worked for porsche I can tell you 90% of their owners dont really care that its a beautiful car with racing heritage and all that jazz that gets our balls tickled. They buy it cause its a status symbol and looks cool and thats about it. YOu have no idea how many starbucks coffees I used to have to steam clean out of carpets and crap becuase their owners just dont care about them. They are "just a car" to these people. They might be very expensive, but to them its just 4 wheels, some metal, and a steering wheel that gets them where they need to go.
                  Team Highschool
                  Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post

person B who realizes what a beauty the car is and the climate he lives in so he takes his wealth and purchases a more common car to drive in the winter.. but because he has money he buys an Audi A4 or A6 that is still a very nice car but can take the beatings of the winter months and doesn't make him look like a giant douche eating a turd sandwich
                    This is so ignorant....Why should he buy an a4? So people that can't afford bentleys don't get mad? This guy made money, did well enough for himself that he could buy a Bentley, its his right to drive it however and wherever the **** he wants to. It's not like he is crashing it into walls, hes driving in snow. You guys talking **** about some guy for enjoying what he worked for should be ashamed. All you guys talking **** about someone you don't know for driving their cars in what you consider less than ideal are the giant douches eating turd sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                      i had dinner and got a ride home from a guy who's winter car is a brand new Porsche Turbo. When you make $500,000+ a year, things like that look like a sunfire to folks that only make $40,000. It's all a matter of perspective.

Having worked for porsche I can tell you 90% of their owners dont really care that its a beautiful car with racing heritage and all that jazz that gets our balls tickled. They buy it cause its a status symbol and looks cool and thats about it. YOu have no idea how many starbucks coffees I used to have to steam clean out of carpets and crap becuase their owners just dont care about them. They are "just a car" to these people. They might be very expensive, but to them its just 4 wheels, some metal, and a steering wheel that gets them where they need to go.
                      Yeah I agree with this, I almost got kicked off a porsche forum the other day, because someone posted that Nissan is not allowing test drives for the new GT-R's at dealerships, and I replied "Anyone who buys a car without ever driving one is an idiot." Apparently 50% of people on the forum bought their Porsche without ever driving one, ever. Just walked onto the lot, saw it, and bought it.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

LOL, wow. Well, I suppose when you own a Bentley, a Lambo, a couple p-cars, etc, it's not a huge commitment to lay down the bills for a 911 turbo without test driving. After all, it's only money :P
                        Jordan
                        Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                        JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                        (403) 690-7135
                        jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

As I said, for these people its like going and buying a used mk2 jetta.
                          I was speaking with the guy who daily drives his porsche turbo in the winter cause its his "beater" and we were talking about my VR-T. The look on his face was just like why the hell would you ever even do that. He just doesn't appreciate the whole motoring point of it. He looks at us like we look at idiots who supercharge their cavaliers.
                          Team Highschool
                          Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by 95rado View Post
                            This is so ignorant....Why should he buy an a4? So people that can't afford bentleys don't get mad? This guy made money, did well enough for himself that he could buy a Bentley, its his right to drive it however and wherever the **** he wants to. It's not like he is crashing it into walls, hes driving in snow. You guys talking **** about some guy for enjoying what he worked for should be ashamed. All you guys talking **** about someone you don't know for driving their cars in what you consider less than ideal are the giant douches eating turd sandwiches.
                            wow you mad?
                            I'd like to make a statment!
                            2012 Q5
                            2011 A5

Comment

LOL, whoa --- I think I've committed blasphemy.

I see it this way... people who have made alot of money, know what it takes to get there. When I think of a quarter million dollar exotic sports car, (call me ignorant/close-minded etc), I think of taking care of it, and driving the snot out of it in the clean road months. But, I can also see spending that money on a winter vehicle ---

If you can afford a Bentley, I'd think you could afford an ultimate winter going vehicle? Maybe a Cayenne Turbo? X5? G-Wagen? RS4? Gallardo? Or any AWD or FWD vehicle? A 400hp RWD sports car is hardly gonna perform in the winter, as compared to a FWD/AWD for half that?
                              I guess at that point I'm faulting someone for their vehicle taste, and I can definitely take the brunt of the guilt on that. Whatever, I still feel the same. I've met a couple guys whom have AWD 911's, and drive them in winter. I can surely understand that. If you have it.. spend it.. I still dont' condone RWD Exotics in the dead of winter. Of course I've never driven an exotic in the winter, so I guess I just negated my whole point.

Am I still completely unreasonable? Meh
                              Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X