Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer planning already! Need some advice though...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer planning already! Need some advice though...

Alright, so if you don't know, I have a MKIV 2L '00 Jetta. I am trying to figure out what direction I will take for modding my engine. The two choices would either be to add a turbo + everything needed to add a turbo. Or the other option would be to go the naturally aspirated route.

Further to this though, I would just like to know what parts and what not I will have to take under consideration to do both jobs properly.

cheers,
    Isaac
    Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
    Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
    Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Re: Summer planning already! Need some advice though...

You should have the direct throttle linkage engine (AEG), so there are lots of turbo kits available with everything you need. That would be fun, stupid drive by wire system...
    Jeff
    Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
    Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

If I were you I would swap in a 1.8T or VR6. It will be cheap and reliable and compared to your 2.0L you will love the power increase.

You will do better with a chipped 1.8T or VR6 than you will do with a simple turbo or supercharger kit for the 2.slo... unless you go really 'extreme' but then even if you want to do that, you should really do it to the VR6 or 1.8T anyway.

OR what about selling your car and picking up a faster car. Its worth it in the end.
      Last edited by Kor; 02-01-2008, 04:27 PM.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

It's Always Better To Start With Something Fast Than Build Something Fast
        1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
        2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

sell the car, costs too much money to make a mk4 2.0 fast
          Simon

Comment

pff 2.slo haters

Comment

seriously, heed the warnings and upgrade the engine, or the entire car. otherwise you are throwing good money after bad.

i would buy a new car altogether as you get all the other things that come along with a real VR6 or 1.8T.
              Team Highschool
              Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
              X