This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling out Tim Manuel

I originially posted a thread on vwvortex in the mark iv section regarding my issues that I've had with Tim Manuel. I explained the entire situation and was basically looking for help. Apparently alot of people didn't like my post as it was reported to the moderator which in turn blackholed it. Duby T tried helping me out by posting about it on here, but without an explaination it's kinda pointless.

Anyways, I ended up helping out a buddy of mine who was parting out his 337, but when he had to go back to school he was no longer able to sell and ship his parts. So me being a friend offered to help my buddy out by selling all of his stuff for him. You can search this name on vortex and see all of the stuff I've sold since August for him. I've always tried to be a real honest seller, make sure the buyer knows exactly what they're getting, and then ship asap.

That was the case of the items Tim Manuel bought from me. He paid $120 usd for the dead pedal and pedals out of my buddies 337. Here is the original link on vortex. Well I received payment from Tim, shipped the item via FedEx insured of course to the address he had provided with his paypal. I only ever ship to that address so that I am covered by paypal in the even a fraud case should develop. Well a couple days go by, and I can see that the package finally got there from Maryland, US to Calgary, AB. I didn't hear anything from Tim seeing if he got it, so I sent him a message asking him if he received it. Got a response back from him saying that he didn't. Turns out the address on his paypal account was that of his girlfriends/ex-girlfriends moms house. I don't know why he had that address on there, but low and behold he did. So with this I was happy that the package was there and I figured he could get it no problem.

Fast forward a couple months. I get a letter from FedEx ground just letting me know that the duty, brokerage, and customs fees still havent' been paid after failed attempts of sending invoices to Tim Manuel. Obviously he wasn't getting them since the address I shipped to wasn't his "actual" address. The alarming thing to me about this letter said that if he failed to pay them, than the fees would come back on me the shipper. Hold on now, red flag. I was pissed.

So I kindly sent Tim an email (the only form of communication I had with him since I no longer had his vortex name) and told him what was up, gave him the appropriate contact info for him to get ahold of FedEx and I figured he'd take care of it. I got a reponse back from him asking me a question or two, I answered them, and I thought that was that.

Well a week or so ago, I decide to give FexEx a call to see if the fees had been paid yet, well guess what, Mr. Manuel hadn't done what he needed to do. So yet again I am pretty ticked off. When on the phone with FedEx the lady explained that if Tim wanted to he could go to his local customs office, fill out a few forms, self-clearance his package on only have to pay the $10 in tax, and not the full $46 they were asking. I emailed Tim once again letting him know what was up and asked him to take care of this.

My response I get back from him was that basically saying that since there was no signature confirmation on the package, than he had no idea of the package was ever picked up by a stranger or if I shipped him a pair of socks or something. Well NEWS FLASH TIM, signature confirmations don't do **** for you since anyone can sign for a package, hence the reason I never waste money on them. So he says because of "my" shipping error, it wasn't his fault and basically I'm going to have to pay these fees. Of course this pissed me off even more because this dude was being so childish and he wouldn't follow through with his responsibility. I don't know if he ever got the package or if it's been held hostage by his girlfriends mom, but guess what, that isn't my problem. I did was I was suppossed to do and shipped to the address that HE provided in HIS paypal account. How am I to be blamed for this one?

So then just a few days again I get the invoice now from FedEx ground about the situation and they're requesting the $46 from me now. Well for one, I shouldn't have to be paying it since it is his responsibility, but two, I don't have any money at all right now as I'm currently without a job, so I can't even afford to swing the extra $46 to pay them. This invoice I got from FedEx led me to make my thread on vortex, which got blackholed that same day before I could even read what people had said about the whole thing or if anyone could of helped me.

Now the reason I write this, is to see if I can get help from you all. DubyT had told me about this site and that there were alot of dudes on here from Calgary. I ask that if any of you all do in fact know Tim Manuel at all, please have a chat with him and tell him to to quit acting like a child and do what you gotta do. I'm sure someone out there has to know him, maybe even through a friend of a friend. Any help that you all can do for me would be greatly appreciated for sure.

And if you're reading this Tim do me a favor and MAN THE **** UP! It's not my fault you're too dense to put the proper address on your paypal account, so therefore I shouldn't have to pay for your mistakes either.

I know it was a long read and I'm sorry if it bored you all, but seriously anything you all can do to help me out would be awesome.

Re: Calling out Tim Manuel

Closed, see this thread

http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=13155
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
    X