i'm getting/need to buy new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm getting/need to buy new car

ok. i sold my car few weeks ago. and now i found out that i don't have to go back to my home country. which is good...... but.......

why did i sell my car????????????????????????????????
    arrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways... now i need to buy new car. don't want to drive 90 325i forever. lol actually, the car died yesterday on whitemud. had to tow it to home and found out the alternator was shot. :(

so, i'm looking at new MB c300, but waiting time is about 5month. and i was looking at Audi A4 2.0T quattro and found out it's actually more expensive than MB. i'm not saying Audi is cheap car, but i thought MB would be more expensive than Audi under same class.
    i'm not feeling for BMW e90 at all. i had it for about 2 weeks when my car was in for service, don't like ext/int, and where buttons are located.

any other cars you guys can recommand to look at?
    btw, the audi s4 on sale forum is very tempting.
    Last edited by white46; 12-20-2007, 12:26 PM.
    99 BMW e46 323i SOLD
    08 MB W204 C300

Re: i'm getting/need to buy new car

So you want a sedan? Is 335i in your price range? Very popular sedan.

Alternatively I'd look for a lightly used e46 M3. Beat the depreciation and get an amazing timeless car.

MB c300 is not that great of a car. I'd rather have the Audi.

A4 is overpriced especially in Canada.
    Last edited by Kor; 12-20-2007, 12:37 PM.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
      Alternatively I'd look for a lightly used e46 M3. Beat the depreciation and get an amazing timeless car.

MB c300 is not that great of a car. I'd rather have the Audi.

A4 is overpriced especially in Canada.
      Solid info... I like the A4, but it's very expensive here. e46 M3 is amazing... or you could look into an e46 330i.
      Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

hm... thanks for input.
        for e90 335i, i drove it few times and i really like how it drives (acceleration, cornering, braking), but i just can not stand for ext/int. expecially ext. if i buy this car, i'll ending up spending at least few grands to make ext look as i want. but then, i don't want to go through the hassle with dealer for warranty.

e46 m3.... it's very good car. no question about it. just that.. if i buy that car, i'll be doing pretty much the same as what i did to last car. lol

once, i was thinking about getting
        Cayman S, Boxter S, Maserati Cambiocorsa, SLK, or TT from US, but as practicality wise, i think i need 4dr.
        99 BMW e46 323i SOLD
        08 MB W204 C300

Comment

ok first of all..whats your price point? you're moving from mid ranged (a4) to higher (cayman/boxter) to higher (Maserati , SLK)...?
          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
          -james

Comment

personally i hate 335s.. people buy them here because its the top 3 series under an m3.. not for the performance.. i'm sure a few buy it for the performance but most i see are being driven by richy rich wives and old people.. oh well.. i'll laugh when their turbos die because they don't take care of it hahahahahaha

merry xmas yo

Comment

Ryan: Have you driven a 335i?
              Last edited by Kor; 12-20-2007, 01:56 PM.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                ok first of all..whats your price point? you're moving from mid ranged (a4) to higher (cayman/boxter) to higher (Maserati , SLK)...?
                ah. i should have clearify little. for those getting from US, it will be used.
                the price range is around $50,000.

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                personally i hate 335s.. people buy them here because its the top 3 series under an m3.. not for the performance.. i'm sure a few buy it for the performance but most i see are being driven by richy rich wives and old people.. oh well.. i'll laugh when their turbos die because they don't take care of it hahahahahaha

merry xmas yo
                i hear ya. i also think only handfull of people buys 335i for their performance.
                it's great car nonetheless, but it's sad to see when it is driven by a richy lady who only bought it because it's BMW. :(
                99 BMW e46 323i SOLD
                08 MB W204 C300

Comment

FYI nobody bought Jettas for a performance. Hey Ryan, didn't you own a Jetta?
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Buy the S4 in the classifieds, seems to meet all your criteria, and lower in price point.

I agree, A4, way too expensive. E46 M3, would love to have.
                    Jay

Comment

2001 M3's on cars.com start at $19,000.00

Crazy depreciation on them.
                      Last edited by Kor; 12-20-2007, 06:00 PM.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

kris not yet no.. i'm just saying alot of people buy it because its the new top 3 series and not for the performance.. i bought my jetta for performance at the time :P faster than the vr6 for the money i had back then.. sounds good

Comment

oh the S4 in edmonton on the classifieds right now is priced AWESOME! i'm in TO right now and S4s are still mid 40s for a B6 with mileage that low as i've been looking for cars

the e46 m3 would be amazing to own too as the prices are coming down ALOT.. i checked them out when i bought my S4 but were still around 50gs at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                            kris not yet no.. i'm just saying alot of people buy it because its the new top 3 series and not for the performance.. i bought my jetta for performance at the time :P faster than the vr6 for the money i had back then.. sounds good
                            Yeah I just mean you didn't hate the Jetta just because a lot of people bought it for other reasons. So why not like the 335i?
                            KR
                            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

go south
                              Dylan
                              (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

Working...
                              X