Exiting Telus Contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exiting Telus Contract?

Is there any way of exiting a Telus Mobility Contract early? I don't mean by a few months, but about 2 years? I'm just so fed up with their horrible service and dodgy practices, and have had enough. I plan on pulling all my business (Mobile, Home Phone & Internet from them), however I'm locked into a Mobile contract for myself and my wife.

Any suggestions?
    Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Re: Exiting Telus Contract?

I don't know if there is a max time on it but according to our telus guys at work it costs $20 a month for the remaining months on your contract to get out of it. Someone can confirm this but thats what I was told when I asked the same thing.
    2007 BMW 328XI

Comment

yup, im almost positive that its $20 a month for the remaining contract.

My mom just tried to get out of hers, and i have wanted to gt out of mine as well.

telus ... = poo

Comment

My advice would be to try to find someone to take over your contract. Might be tough to do, but that'll save you any cancellation fees.

They'll take over the contract in their name, and you'll be home free. It costs about 20 dollars to change the name on a conctact, but it might be worth a try in terms of finding someone to take it over.

And i know it costs 20 a month with bell to cancel, so we can assume it's the same with Telus.
        Matt - A3

Comment

I had to cancel some Rogers phones at work that were no longer needed....They had a 3 year contract with just over 2 years left on them.....Flat fee of $200 to get out of it.
          2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Aha, its $20 if you cancel...if you 'loose' your phone, the max they can charge is $7.95/mo or something like that...I'd suggest loosing your phone for 3 or 4 days, then call them up and see what your options are...mention that you've heard there's different rules if you've 'lost' your phone...they may not do it right away. I've not done it but supposedley this works.

Comment

Or another idea....tell them you're leaving the country for a few years, and see what options they give you.
              Matt - A3

Comment

If you go on long term leave.. its $10.00 per month...

They wont let you drop it without paying... an example as how bad they can be.. My girlfriend and her Dad were on the same contract.. and signed up under her name, but paid seperately.. He passed away in July, and the only way to cancel his contract was to pay the $20/month.... Nice Telus. Luckily one of their phone people suggested a long term absence... which is $10 a month.

Comment

I'm pretty sure its 20/mth to a 200.00 max.
                  At least that's what it was for me when I quit Rogers (almost 2.5 years left)....to go to Fido...then Rogers bought Fido just to screw me over.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
                    He passed away in July, and the only way to cancel his contract was to pay the $20/month.... Nice Telus. Luckily one of their phone people suggested a long term absence... which is $10 a month.
                    That would be one long term of absence for sure. Just goes to show the "future" maybe friendly but the now sucks balls.
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                      That would be one long term of absence for sure. Just goes to show the "future" maybe friendly but the now sucks balls.
                      Dude that is soooo awesome. I worked there for 4 years and God I wish I could've thought of that line....

Comment

I could write a novel about how much I hate telus.

Anyways, I believe its 20.mo up to a magic number, which in rogers case, as mentioned is 200. TId say Telus probably has a similar thing in place, but then again they seem like they're out to screw the little guy...big guy too for that matter
                        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                        -james

Comment

The crappy thing is between my family members they have over 150+ years of seniority with BCTel (now Telus) and now that more are retired or bought out not one of them is happy with the company.
                          Name: Brent
                          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                          X