I'm a little bit...stupid!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a little bit...stupid!

So...I haven't driven the S4 for a couple of weeks now becuase the wife hasn't needed the allroad, so I've been driving that. To make a long story short, I still had summer washer fluid in the tank...so you guessed it...IT FROZE SOLID ! Any suggestions as to what I should do lol?
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Re: I'm a little bit...stupid!

not much you can do.. borrow someones garage overnight? my mother in law did the same thing last week, but after a 3 hour drive in from BC, it was liquid enough to squirt it all out.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

it hasn't helped me, but then again the washer fluid i have in there claims to be good for winter... that'll teach me to buy cheap washer fluid.
      ~Lenny

Nogaro blue!!!

Comment

That sucks.

Comment

ahah that reminds me.... hmmmmmmmmmmmm
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Just get some hot water n pour it in slowly letting it overflow out again until its melted all the ice, or if its less then half full then filling it the rest of the way with hot water should be enough to melt it. I wouldnt put boiling water straight into it, you might crack the plastic with the sudden temperature change, but warm then boiling should be ok.
            Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

Buy a couple of jugs of the cold stuff, and feed it through your resevoir. The antifreeze in it should melt away at the frozen stuff enough that you can scrape it off with your windshield scraper

Comment

I killed a couple windshield washer pumps by having it freeze up (non-vw/audi), I'm not sure how susceptible the design is to damage by freezing...

Comment

go shopping and park underground heated.

Comment

kyle same shiz happened to me this week! ahahhaha

since i don't park downtown anymore it sucks for that.. so i drove for a good hour to heat the engine up nicely last night then i parked in my garage for an hour and the heat off the car sealed in the garage was enough to melt it down then i went nuts and emptied the entire tank onto my lights and windshield haha

Comment

Working...
                    X