Diesel Pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Pricing?

Has something happened in the market that I did not hear about? I just paid the most per litre of diesel that I have paid since owning my TDI; about 2 1/2 years. 109.9 at the local Esso. Regular gasoline at the same station was 102.9 Not that I'm complaining, I'm still getting 800+ Km in the city per tank, but what's up?
    Jeff
    2006 Jetta TDI

"If you think you don't like change, you will like obsolesence even less."

Re: Diesel Pricing?

I have noticed the same thing. I buy my diesel in Fort MacLeod and it has jumped 15 cents in 7 days. I paid 105 this week and .92 last week. Big jump no matter what the oil companies excuses are. Lets face it they will keep raising prices.....CAUSE THEY CAN.

Comment

I am just waiting for the "the high demand of heating fuel is driving prices up" BS line we seem to get about this time every year. They are still not pushed hard to produce ULSD and even then it is still cheaper to manufacture then gas yet they try to drive these drives down our throat. It is not hurting the little diesel drivers like us but hurting the whole economy as everything is shipped via large diesel trucks and guess where that extra cost is passed onto?
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

It's pretty bad when diesel is priced higher than gasoline....
        Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
        You dig sucka?!

Comment

no kidding.

Comment

Yes its gotten pretty high, wonder if this will push my fill up to $20, probably not
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Heard on CBC this morning that supplies are very low due to a refinery "incident". Distributers are looking at importing from the US, but where they'd normally send out 14 trucks in the Calgary area per day, they are currently averaging around 3. Seemed to be mostly Shell that was impacted, but I'm not clear on that part. No solid indication of when the plant will be back "on line", but there was some mention of phasing things back in slowly...whatever that means.
              Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
              2016 .:R (sold)
              2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
              2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

if there are concerns about gasoline reserves, they will shift the refining capacity toward gasoline and away from diesel. low diesel reserves drive up the price. that was why diesel was high during the Hurricane Catrina times. not sure if that has anythihng to do with this round of price hikes. oh well, still pretty cheap to drive a tdi.
                Last edited by stefan; 11-29-2007, 12:53 PM.
                Stefan
                -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                  this will push my fill up to $20
                  Blair, out of interest, how many KM does the Smart go on a tank of fuel?

I was pretty much bone dry the other day when I filled up and it was $60 for me.
                  Jeff
                  2006 Jetta TDI

"If you think you don't like change, you will like obsolesence even less."

Comment

Well the mileage goes down quite a bit in the winter, when running the heater and heated seats but I would say I am usually in the 400kms range, low for winter(close to 400) high for summer (closer to 500), and that is typically about $16-18 to fill.
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Apparently.... Shell Scottford (outside Fort Sask) **** the bed recently and haven't been producing jack for diesel. And our diesel unit is down at Suncor for maintenance so that doesn't help either.
                      Last edited by Coker Rat; 11-30-2007, 08:09 PM.
                      Dylan
                      (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

$1.14 last night.

Cost just over $50 to fill my MK2 :(

Comment

Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                          You dig sucka?!

Comment

Well I actually had my most expensive fill in the history of my Smart on friday, $23 as I put in Shell Ultra at 1.16 a litre, still had over 400kms with about 20 litre's going in.
                            Blair

Comment

Sorry guys. Paid $1.07/litre in Ft MacLeod last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X