Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tasers...

Originally posted by Khyron View Post
    Coronors report that lists cause of death?
    It does seem odd that it hasn't come out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BadKenny View Post
      It does seem odd that it hasn't come out yet.
      Inquest is in May - results are often suppressed until then.
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Inquest is in May - results are often suppressed until then.
        Ah cool, thanks for the info!!

Comment

Originally posted by nordex View Post
          Maybe you need to watch the video again.

Here i'll even give you the link and time ~7:00 watch the right cop jab that sucker into him. I wouldn't be surprised if he was beat to death.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qHKk5qQRzL4

So ya what was that big pole he whipped out?
          appologies for the late reply.

That baton is not being jabbed into the suspect (even tho you can't see the suspect from that position)

The officer is slamming the baton into the ground to collapse it. If you've ever used an expandable baton you'll know how much force it takes to collapse it.
          Tim
          "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Comment

Odd, because I have in fact used one and I certainly didn't need to slam it in the ground like that, and I am not a big guy. Where did that information come from, out of curiosity?
            Last edited by nordex; 12-16-2007, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Odd, because I have in fact used one and I certainly didn't need to slam it in the ground like that, and I am not a big guy. Where did that information come from, out of curiosity?
              Was yours spring loaded? Where you can press in with your body weight?

I've never held a police issue one, but I bet they are not spring driven. That does explain the strikes and why he didn't look concerned about where it it (floor is big target).
              Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

To me it just looked like the officer was collapsing the batton. Friend of mine has had one for a long time, from the Army Surplus, not sure if police use same one or not but his does require a good amount of force to collapse it.
                2002 996TT
                2011 S5
                2004 S4 Avant

Comment

Was yours spring loaded? Where you can press in with your body weight?

I've never held a police issue one, but I bet they are not spring driven. That does explain the strikes and why he didn't look concerned about where it it (floor is big target).
                  I have no idea, I don't own one. I asked a police officer if I could have a picture a few years ago and he whipped it out and handed it to me.

Comment

I beg to differ. My brother is an officer, and he let me use his for a bit. Depending on how strong you are, it can be very difficult to retract. I guess it's simply proportional to what amount of force you use to extend it.
                    Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Fashion Tasers for her this Christmas...

Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                        Fashion Tasers for her this Christmas...

Ooooo Fancy!

Comment

Working...
                        X