• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One step closer to Speed on Green cameras

One step closer to Speed on Green cameras

calgary.ctv.ca

POSTED AT 2:19 PM Tuesday, November 20
    The Alberta government has taken its first step to installing the so-called “green light” radar cameras.

The government introduced Bill 49 on Tuesday, otherwise known as the Traffic Safety Amendment Act 2007.

Here are some of the highlights of Bill 49:

Defining how an intersection safety device, also known as Speed on Green, will be used to gather evidence on red light and speeding infractions.
    The evidence will be introduced in court by affidavit.

A liability cap will be added for the vehicle leasing and sale industry.

The process for court review of decisions of the Alberta Transportation Safety Board will be streamlined.

Legislation cracks down on impaired driving by considering blood alcohol readings taken up to three hours after driving to be the same as the blood alcohol concentration at the time of driving.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: One step closer to Speed on Green cameras

If they set it at 40+ or something then fine but they're going to be just like fucking multinovas and set it at 5 over and be sending out tickets left and right. Then idiots will be staring at their speedos at the most dangerous place to be doing so. ARGH.
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

One step in the direction of bigger brother controlling our lives.

...Soon we'll end up like London, then who knows what after that.
      Chris

Comment

Well if we are going to end up like London, then I might as well move there, at least if I am going to be recorded by nearly 100 cameras on a given day I can have cool stuff around!
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

SIGH!! what a friggin cash cow this province is.. they up the royalties to take money away from the oil companies now they are doing the exact same thing to do the citizens

i agree with geoff.. if its like 30-40+ over then by all means but if they are grabbing people for doing 8 ove F this place i'm moving

i already go a photo rader this year pulling out of a parking lot into a school zone.. 41 in a 30.. i went back to test the scenario and i SHIFTED FROM FRICKING FIRST TO SECOND!! eat a dick calgary and bronco you can shuv it

Comment

YAY! now the worst "conservative" government I can recall will now have its hands on even more money....that will get shipped out east to "loser" and baguette-eating provinces....and not spent on things like health care, education or infrastructure.

Time to bust out the Mythbusters rotating license plate....sigh....

Comment

haha yea no doubt time to buy the bond flip plate.. have a glare cover on it then spray it with glare spray too hahahaha

Comment

Honestly, for the most part the red light cameras are at intersections that have a lot of runs and DO prevent red light runs. If you get a red light ticket you more then likely deserve every bit of it.

Green light cameras work off the red light cameras that are sitting at these high incident intersections and frankly you should not be speeding through intersections net alone high collision intersections.

Comment

why dont we do like france and just start smashing photoradar stuff and vans ?

Comment

Originally posted by nordex View Post
                    Honestly, for the most part the red light cameras are at intersections that have a lot of runs and DO prevent red light runs. If you get a red light ticket you more then likely deserve every bit of it.

Green light cameras work off the red light cameras that are sitting at these high incident intersections and frankly you should not be speeding through intersections net alone high collision intersections.

Who invited this guy?

dumb idea. Im going to start a group of vigilante's to wreck havoc on these green light cameras like they did with the garbage bin cam's in england haha
                    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                    -james

Comment

exactly.. if i'm going 100 on crowchild on a nice day then why should i get a ticket.

now if i'm in traffic i'll be doing 60 (on a good day of crow HA)

bottom line.. CASH COW

take the god damn vans and cameras away.. legalize pot. and tax that to hell.. money problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by DeanerF View Post
                        why dont we do like france and just start smashing photoradar stuff and vans ?
                        we are WAAAAAYYY too tame here. i think it was montreal that had them as well and ppl were spray painting the sensors or knocking them down. the city council was worried that we were going to do it, but again we're too lame here.

on a side note, city council is talking about money and how they have to raise taxes cuz there's not enough money... how about they stop giving themselves these raises and take a pay cut.....
                        ~Lenny

Nogaro blue!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                          take the god damn vans and cameras away.. legalize pot. and tax that to hell.. money problem solved!
                          Cheech: Hey man....How's my driving?
                          Chong: I...I think your parked man!

2002 996TT
                          2011 S5
                          2004 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by nordex View Post
                            But people will be looking down to there speedo even if they are not speeding just like they do on Deerfoot.

Comment

Red light cameras and photo radar vans are two seperate things. If your oblivious to a massive camera box sitting in an intersection and then choose to blow a light you deserve a ticket. Again, if you can't see the big camera as your blowing through an intersection you deserve a ticket.

In regards to people checking theyre spedo, don't people check them anyhow? My instant reaction is to just slow down... I don't need to check my spedo and if you don't know wether you are speeding or not you probably should'nt be driving.

Comment

Working...
                              X