VW bodykits. where ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW bodykits. where ...

So im wondering where you guys have gotten your bodykits , cf hoods and hatches from....

Theres Ebay and a few places around here in edmonton but im thinking is it worth going through ebay???

NOT that im thinking of this seriously but how gay are lambo doors on a 2dr mk4 gti???. ...im thinking the body is too chunky for it.

I might be wrong but are there cf fenders for the golf mk4 , i recall seeing them but all i can find are for the mk5.
    2002 VW 1.8T JETTA GLS.....sold... i miss it

currently...2003 20AE GTI....in transit....
    http://uspmotorsports.com/20th.php

Re: VW bodykits. where ...

I got mine from North American motorsports from the states.
    And yeah don't put lambo doors on the gti.
    Got 5?

Comment

Dude, your 20th already comes with a sweet lip kit. Why change it?

In my opinion, most body kits for the the MK4 gti look like a$$. If anything, try doing some custom work. Maybe shave all your rubstrips and smooth out your bumpers. Another option is to get a R32 front and rear bumper....just don't get knock off stuff....OEM or nothing. Expect to pay an arm and a leg for OEM R32 bumpers

ps. lambo doors = the suck

I can only think one (maybe two) GTI's that have successfully pulled off lambo doors. You can't just throw lambo doors on a plain looking 20th. You need a shat load of mods and the right look/theme to pull it off.
      Tint sucks

Comment

votex bumpers or leave it. That is all

Comment

Here are some links for your Carbon Fiber fenders:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3464152

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3391687

As for a Carbon Fiber hatch, I think Seibon is the only company that makes one. Here's the link:

http://www.seiboncarbon.com/pdut_det...asp?ItemID=523

(edit: just remembered that Vis also makes a carbon fiber hatch)

As for a carbon fiber hood, I would only buy one from DTM autohaus. The eurogear ones are hit or miss for quality and fitment.

Please keep in mind that most carbon fiber products do not fit very well. As a result, expect to pay more $$$$ at the body shop when they get installed...if you want them to look and fit right.

ps. E-Bay tuners = the suck
          Last edited by Duby T; 11-16-2007, 02:44 PM.
          Tint sucks

Comment

Originally posted by 95rado View Post
            votex bumpers or leave it. That is all
            Sorry amigo, the votex bumper is only made for the Jetta. However, there is a Votex-look bumper for the GTI made by Lumma Tuning and estrictlyforeign.com

R-Line bumpers are a nice option aswell. Hope you have deep pockets.
            Tint sucks

Comment

Actually the R32 is also a Votex bumper, same with the 20th, 25th, GLI and 4 mothin Lip as they are all made by Votex.

Comment

Originally posted by Burley View Post
                Actually the R32 is also a Votex bumper, same with the 20th, 25th, GLI and 4 mothin Lip as they are all made by Votex.
                This is true. However, please keep in mind that many people call the Jetta bumper "the votex bumper". This is what I assumed 95rado was talking about.

Unlike the other bumpers and lips made by votex, the votex jetta bumper cannot be named after a vw model such as the R32 bumper of 20th/337 lip kit. That is probably why it assumed the name of "the votex bumper"

Do a search on the vortex under "votex bumper" and im sure you will get dozens of threads pertaining to the votex jetta bumper.

k thnx bye
                Tint sucks

Comment

I went with the 20th front lip. I wanted to keep the OEM look without paying 750$ for R32 bumper. Instead, I went on www.vwvortex.com and purchased a front lip already painted for 300$ USD..... and I'm so glad i did.

Comment

If I did a Jetta again, I would swap the front for a Golf and kit it Rieger style.

I know its more work but when you do something like a body kit, do it right.

There is nothing nicer.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

For all OEM stuff, 20th, Gli, R32 I would definitely contact undergroundvwparts on the vortex. They have tons of stuff at really good prices. The only hassle with them is that they're based in Florida and shipping can take quite a while. Here is their feedback thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=969198&page=1
                      Last edited by sebvw; 11-18-2007, 01:18 PM.

Comment

niiiiceeeee. thanks for the advice peeps.. sebvw , did you go to joes?
                        2002 VW 1.8T JETTA GLS.....sold... i miss it

currently...2003 20AE GTI....in transit....
                        http://uspmotorsports.com/20th.php

Comment

No I still haven't installed em since they took so friggin long to arrive...was gonna wait till the spring. Should I go to Joe's?

Comment

Working...
                          X