No announcement yet.

Anyone ever have rims shipped to them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone ever have rims shipped to them?

Originally posted by nordex View Post
    It well probably be cheaper to pay brokerage then drive to the usa.
    The problem with this is that when you start looking into shipping big, heavy items like rims & tires into Canada, you also get nailed with additional shipping which can add up quickly.

It is cheap to ship goods within the USA, but once they leave, the charges are astronomical in alot of cases. Add this to the fact that many places will ship them free within the USA picking them up stateside is a good option.

When you pick them up in Sweetgrass you also take the chance that they will not charge you duties, just GST making them even cheaper. If you head to the border with the knowledge that you will pay duty, and then you get there and they dont charge you it is even better. You are guaranteed to pay the duties and then some if you have them shipped.

Sweetgrass is only 3 hours from Calgary, so it is a pretty easy trip. I do it several times a year for both personal and business packages.

You also wont have to pay PST, since we dont have any in Alberta.

It is really not that difficult.

Andrew
    www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

sorry to bump this old thread but to what address would you ship the package that you want to pick up to?

Comment

Search "sweetgrass" or "montana" or something on Beyond and you will find the address. I know it was posted a long time ago on there.

Comment

http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...ght=sweetgrass
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Yeah, I did it for my RS4's remember. I can't remember what all the costs were, I actually just threw out this shipping invoices for them a few weeks ago. One thing i can tell you is expect to pick them up from the airport.
            Last edited by Coker Rat; 02-01-2008, 12:34 PM.
            Dylan
            (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

Working...
            X