pirate radio at 100.1fm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pirate radio at 100.1fm?

Anyone in NW calgary listening to the radio? last couple nights there's a pirate radio station (sounds like rebroadcast of some internet channel) being broadcast on 100.1fm. I did a bit of a drive this afternoon with some test gear etc and was able to narrow it down to somewhere in the beddington\tuxedo\north haven triangle. Broadcast power can't be anymore than MAYBE 35-50 watts.

Anyone know anything more than I do? It's gone during the day but seems to pop up around 7pm-ish or so on and off the last few nights.

I'm going to grab different gear tomorrow from the office tomorrow and see what I can find...

cheers!

Re: pirate radio at 100.1fm?

cool, i wish fort mcmurray was that cool
    Dylan
    (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

That wattage range is enough to get you a nice huge fine... I wish I still had access to a network analyzer I would have the broadcast found in a hour or so... hmm time to make some phone calls.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

What are the playing??
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Lots of house, little bit of trance, mostly club type stuff. It sounds like a rebroadcast of some internet channel, once or twice I've heard some blurb about canada's coutndown, but then it kinds cuts out and goes to the next song. (sounds like the mixtapes we used to make listening to the am 106 top ten at ten...only with way better music)

I'm gonna see if it pops up tonite and go do some driving with some equipment.

anyone else listened to it at all?

Comment

Seeing as how I haven't driven in about three weeks no, but I'll have to check it out tonight!

Music to permeate your soul …
            Jayson
            MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

So, we figured it out (sort of). We're not sure who owns it, but the signal is being transmitted from a building in the NE, just off 14th St and 46 Ave. No signage on the door, looks like an office for someone. Left a note on their door, and figured out that they are rebroadcasting Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 36.

Looks like they are pushing about 40 Watts, which is enough to push north to the Balzac overpass and south to Glenmore. East all the way to Landgdon and west to about Brentwood. Once you're over nose hill it's gone.

Anyways, still not sure of their reasoning but that's all she wrote!

Cheers

Comment

...and now your note will scare them into shutting it down?

KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Well since he could have turned them into the CRTC and they would be facing jail time I would think that a note was rather nice. The CRTC does not play nice when it comes to illegal broadcasts that are not controlled and could bleed over to frequency ranges to emergency crew communications etc.
                  Name: Brent
                  His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                  Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not interested in shutting the down, I just want to know who and why. I figure its a service company or something with one Sirius unit that they have decided to rebroadcast for a bunch of different vehicles. Really strange, but plausible.

Comment

Working...
                    X