This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny Rust Spots

Well I think I found a winter car possibly, 97 Jetta, but it has two quarter-sized rust spots where rock chips started to bubble the paint.

Does anyone know how easy or possible it will be to have someone fix these up for me? Doesn't have to look perfect, I don't want the whole car repainted. I was thinking someone could just sand and airbrush them or something.

Is there any kind of spot-repair place in town that can do spot paint repairs?
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Re: Tiny Rust Spots

If you dont care about it being perfect. You could sand it with some differnt grads of sand paper, then use dupi colors to spray it back in if you can find a decent match? I know there is some places that will match your car and put the paint in a spray can for you, i just cant remember where does that.
    Last edited by The_Stig; 10-23-2007, 11:46 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't want to touch it myself. Just want to drop it off and pick it up.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Mr. Chippy might be able to handle that. They do Northland VWs chip work. Off the west side of Edmonton Trail where all the car places are. Did a decent job on a large rust bubble on my rear fender.

Edit: They may be called Chippy Auto Appearance.
        Last edited by FlyBoy; 10-23-2007, 12:07 PM.
        Jeff
        Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
        Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

My friend manages a body shop, he could do it in a day. He has done a lot of work for me. PM me if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by TDI DUB View Post
            My friend manages a body shop, he could do it in a day. He has done a lot of work for me. PM me if your interested.
            I'll buy the car first then send you a PM Rob !
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Good Post. I also have been wondering about a place to get some similiar work done.

Andrew
              www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Closing thread, i decided not to buy this car.

It was $6k and I have a $6k budget, but I didn't add up all the things I would have to pay for, so its too much money (needed 4 rust spots fixed, new windshield, spoiler needed to be fixed, needed inspection, coolant leak, etc).

If anyone wants a 2.0L 1997 Jetta with MINT interior and ~99k on it, with just minor cosmetic problems above (plus a small coolant leak), PM me.
                Last edited by Kor; 10-23-2007, 02:41 PM.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                X