'new' Xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'new' Xbox 360

So I got my XBOX 360 a few days back and love it!

It was hard to find one in the city thanks to Halo 3 coming out, Future Shop was sold out on Sunday (did not know when they would get more). Finally found one at BestBuy on Monday, I picked up the Premium setup so I got 1 game with it (Forza 2). I work right between BestBuy and Futureshop so yesterday I stopped into Futureshop only to find that they had just received shipment of there new Holiday package which included another game (Marvel game + Forza 2) and the new ‘Falcon’ 65nm XBOX 360. So I had to package all my stuff back up take it back to BestBuy (which does not have the new package yet) and go over to Futureshop to get the new one.

After having both the ‘old’ xbox 360 and the new Falcon I have not so much seen a difference (did not have that much time to play my first one) but I have heard it. No longer sounds like a jet taking off and runs a lot cooler, well worth the trouble of returning the first one.

Over all a great system! Right now my fav game is Gears of War.
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Re: 'new' Xbox 360

ive been trying to decide what to buy a ps3 or 360

i see sony dropped there prices to match canadian prices to us prices

so get the 60gig ps3 for $450 or 80 gig for $499

or the Xbox 360 Console Bundle with Halo 3, Forza 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and HDMI Cable for $399

Anyone know what the latest news on blue-ray or HDDVD's as this is one of the main reasons id be gettting a system is for the high def movies
    Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

I know with this new chip that the Xbox 360 will have specs that are just as good or even better as the PS3 now (out performs the PS3 to begin with). When I did my research on which one to buy I did a lot of reading and after doing that the choice was very simple... Xbox 360:
      -it has a lot more games (7.6x more games rated above 8 by IGN)
      -out performs the PS3 in most areas
      -I like the fact that I can network it to my PC
      -has halo 3/gears of war
      -I will post the review, I think it was IGN that did comparisons on cross platform games and the XBOX 360 won in graphics and performance on all the games but NBA streets. I remember them pointing out in Madden 2008 you can see all the detail in the jersey when on the field and during highlights (you can see the Reebok logo, the little team logos and such) on the XBOX 360 and if you looked at the PS3 it was all blurred out. Lighting was also way better on Xbox 360, PS3 seems to wash a lot of the dark lighting out.
      -Programmers don’t like programming for the PS3 as it has there eight processors (seven of which are poorly suited for general purpose programming) and spreading code over that many is not fun. May mean more projects go to Xbox 360.

If you go for the Xbox 360 make sure you get the 65nm, which is shipping with the new holiday bundle
      2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

ya probably will be getting the xbox 360

also see this deal starts tommorow at future shop its perfect since the reason my wife is letting me get one is cause she loves guitar hero

Xbox 360 Forza 2 Bundle 20GB FREE Guitar Hero 2 Bundle $399
        Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/
          2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Originally posted by Silverfire View Post
            ya probably will be getting the xbox 360

also see this deal starts tommorow at future shop its perfect since the reason my wife is letting me get one is cause she loves guitar hero

Xbox 360 Forza 2 Bundle 20GB FREE Guitar Hero 2 Bundle $399
            What??? Where did you hear about this? I would guess that you will not get the new chip as I was told it only comes in the 'holiday' set... if I have to return my Xbox AGAIN for a better setup I am going to be upset
            2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

not sure what chip it would come with

saw it posted at http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9
              Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

It will say on the box which version you are getting. I didn't think the new chips had hit Canada yet so I am surprised to see it. Unfortunetly the new processor chip still doesn't fix the overheating problem as the most heat is generated by the GPU not the CPU. Still with the added feature of HDMI to all the new boards it is a pretty good deal. Don't buy GH2 right now, wait till GH3 comes out int he next month or so as it has a wireless guitar which you can then just buy a copy of GH2.
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=15804553
                  2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Working...
                  X