Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitro RC?

anyone run nitro RC's here?

I'm kinda getting into it and its a hoot. I bought a Savage X a little while ago. Today I busted it up pretty good.

It's the weirdest thing, even after you break it it still fun because you get to rip it apart and rebuild it.
    Dylan
    (Made from bits of real panther.)

Re: Nitro RC?

i have been wanting one for a bit, but i want a road car . . .

me + jumps and rocks = bad news... ALWAYS.

time for some alumium parts though !

Comment

I ALMOST bought one last year but I was afraid it would just be too loud and fast to use much so I bought an RTR RC-18B instead. It's fun, but sometimes I wish I would have got a gasser sometimes.
      Jay

Comment

I've been humming and hawing about getting into this for a while... just about there...

Comment

Used to race the battery equivalent back in the UK, always wanted to get a gasser but never did, is there a organised race event / club in calgary?
          Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

I have a HPI nitro RS4-2 I just pulled out of the basement yesterday that I might get up and running soon. I think I still have a nice little Lambo body for it but I might pick up another. So far it has a 2 speed clutch and a couple alumi upgrade parts. The bad thing is it is an older belt drive where the newer ones are shaft and they make little rocks a lot less of a hassle.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

cool, just borrowed some parts from a buddy to get the beast running again, got out to the area where we were gonna run our trucks and discovered that my throttle servo has a broken gear in it... magical. Hopefully the hobby shop has a new gear or a new servo, I'm itching to get it running again. I wanna hit the skate park and practice my jump landings some more. I'd like to get some video of it too.

more pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...e&id=691700209

@ Dean: I've been thinking about upgrading the A-Arm to aluminum, the only thing about that is that next time I hit something my A-Arm might not break but the frame could bend... plastic Arms are pretty cheap
              Last edited by Coker Rat; 10-15-2007, 08:55 PM.
              Dylan

Comment

i got a pyle of this stuff that i purchased at an estate auction.
                come and get it.
                Paul 228-7078
                tie rods,tires,batteries 2 remotes a charger and to much more to mention.
                complete car kits and shells.

Comment

Have any pictures?
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

For more info about this scene in calgary check:

http://calgaryrc.com/forum/index.php
                    http://calgaryrc.com/forum/index.php?c=4

Comment

well got a new servo today for my throttle, ran for a bit and found my steering servo was also hooped, so I went back to the shop and got one of those too... After that, me and a dude from work took our trucks to the RC track. Caught some wicked jumps and the like. good times
                      Dylan

Comment

some stuff went tires,charger,tierods
                        still lots of stuff.Free come and get it
                        Paul 228-7078 or leave a message i'am starting clean up today.
                        i just rented a garbage bin and getting rid of a lot of stuff.
                        no time to post on e-bay just come to huntington hills and take a look
                        lots of good stuff,anybody need concrete,firewood(russian pine)

Comment

This is a pretty old thread but thought I'd bump it up......

I bought a used Traxxas Revo 2.5 with a new 3.3 installed and a ton of upgrades like RPM A-arms, upgraded pushrods Proline Crimefighters etc.

Once the guys in the office get back in town (1 with a Revo, 1 with a Savage X) we'll probably hit blackfoot semi-regularly.

If anyone wants to check out blackfoot some time let me know, it's only 2 bucks to hit the track (free to watch) and they have a nice work bench and stuff set up.
                          Jay

Comment

I used to Race 1/8 scale buggies .21 engines. I had a kyosho MP 7.5 and MP 6 but i got rid of all my stuff a few years back. It became a weekend money pit and I was in school so it was my normal car or my RC car one had to go. I would totally get back in to it if there was a track and some good racing going on somewhere.
                            2003 Jetta GLI VR6

Comment

If only I had the time to get mine back on the road. Although I would much rather have a off road HPI buggy.

Comment

Working...
                              X