Any windows 2000 pros out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any windows 2000 pros out there?

Like a dumbass I forgot my admin password for my garage computer. I was wondering if there was any way of resetting it without a fresh OS install. I'm also a cheap bastard so I don't want to buy a program for a one time use. Any help would be awesome!!! Thanks.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Re: Any windows 2000 pros out there?

Try this,

ntpassword tool

K..
    Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

C:\WINNT\system32> NET USER ADMINISTRATOR newpassword

try this in a command prompt?? Some people have luck with this, where it says new password thats where you put what you want.
      Last edited by Ben; 10-05-2007, 01:37 PM.

Comment

If you're stuck at a point before you can run a utility or hit the registry (like the login screen), you can use Bart's PE or a similar boot disk to get in there. Let me know if you need to go this route and ill walk you thru it
        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
        -james

Comment

So, I go to start menu, run then enter C:\WINNT\system32 then look for NET USER ADMINISTRATOR newpassword ? Sorry I need some clarification.

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
          You dig sucka?!

Comment

Hi Davey,

I found my pword recvery disk that lets you set it to whatever you want. as long as youve got a floppy drive on your PC and another computer to write a floppy on i can send you a self extracting disk image to use. if not i can meet you and hand over a floppy with it on. its a straight forward thing to run.

PM me with an email address to send it to or let me know if you want to grab a disk off me.

K..
            Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Kordain View Post
              Hi Davey,

I found my pword recvery disk that lets you set it to whatever you want. as long as youve got a floppy drive on your PC and another computer to write a floppy on i can send you a self extracting disk image to use. if not i can meet you and hand over a floppy with it on. its a straight forward thing to run.

PM me with an email address to send it to or let me know if you want to grab a disk off me.

K..
              Life saving PM sent!

You dig sucka?!

Comment

Hey, Type that in the command prompt, except for the newpassword part, thats where you put your own.

Ex: C:\WINNT\system32> NET USER ADMINISTRATOR iforgotmypassword your would do that if you wanted your password to be i forgotmypassword...

might work, might not, personally i've never had to use it.

Comment

I have a Linux utility that will boot from a floppy that will reset the password. Works great except if you have protected storage then any of the protected files are not accessible unless you take further steps with other tools.
                  2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Working...
                  X